• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gents to say I’m excited is an understatement I’ve just sold my old ProQ smoker on eBay and it surprised me how much I got for it so I took the plunge and have upped my game to an American Pit Boss Au

Buddy did a little BBQ for mother's day  

Was handsome 😋 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, kanny said:

Was nearly 9 hours in the end , melt in your mouth 

20220528_180915.jpg

Can take a while eh, I won't do a brisket for a while because cooking time is a bit much , had to keep people waiting for ribs last night but if you're six hours in no point pulling them off early. I'm all about internal temps now just saves the cock ups with slow and expensive meat, I finish it how I want it, and always rest meat, and allow for maybe ten degree increase while resting. 

• Like 2

Experimenting today,  Rack of pork ribs today that I will be finishing in a toffee apple cider  and some belly pork chunks that I'm going to glaze in a chipotle honey ,  the rub is salt,pepper,paprika and ground fennel and fenugreek seeds ...

20220529_114605.jpg

20220529_115219.jpg

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, kanny said:

Ribs and pork belly bites ?

20220529_172617.jpg

20220529_172635_resized(1).jpg

Man the colour they look superb well done ? gonna have a go myself this week if I get a day to myself, sons getting married in a couple of weeks so it’s been all go lately for things that I truthfully don’t enjoy trying suits on and all that bollocks ?

• Thanks 1

For anyone looking for something different cut wise, my local butcher...

A couple of unusual BBQ Cuts for UK BBQ Week 

What our American cousins call the delmonico, an extension of the longisimus dorsi muscle, the same muscle that produces Ribeye and Sirloin, at just over half the price.
If you get a good one you can grill or it makes a superb low & slow cut (at the back in the picture)

The second is what can be best described as the chuck cap. It needs to be picked out a bit so it has some marbling, but is great for a long cook for pulled beef, or beef burnt ends.
It is more forgiving than a brisket and takes less time to cook, also unlike brisket it works as a smaller cut, in general brisket is better the bigger it is.

#butchr #shoplocal #bbq #bbqlife

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Borr said:

What our American cousins call the delmonico, an extension of the longisimus dorsi muscle, the same muscle that produces Ribeye and Sirloin, at just over half the price.
If you get a good one you can grill or it makes a superb low & slow cut (at the back in the picture)

The second is what can be best described as the chuck cap. It needs to be picked out a bit so it has some marbling, but is great for a long cook for pulled beef, or beef burnt ends.
It is more forgiving than a brisket and takes less time to cook, also unlike brisket it works as a smaller cut, in general brisket is better the bigger it is.

Just picked a Thors hammer  up today! ...basically a beef shank joint ...hopefully smoking it on Thursday 

20220531_111607.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, kanny said:

Just picked a Thors hammer  up today! ...basically a beef shank joint ...hopefully smoking it on Thursday 

20220531_111607.jpg

The above butcher did some 22 HR cook ? , think that was including a water bath thing though. Bet they're good once it all melts ?

• Like 1
On 31/05/2022 at 10:25, Borr said:

Tri tip or rump tail as it's known over here is a good cut if you can get it from your butcher? I've seen plenty online but can't vouch for any cook it medium rare or like a mini brisket it stands up to both ?

• Like 2