39 minutes ago, dai dogs said:

DSCF5064.JPG

Beddy/whippet, mate?  🤓

Nah, seriously mate, that's an Impressively poweful looking dog.  Is that your 1st cross bull/deerhound?

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seven weeks old, first cross Deerhound / Greyhound; Cheers.  

Wheaton bull grey x deer grey, fast strong, can't fault her. 

I've mated my bitch yesterday.  Fingers crossed 🤞 dam deerhound/greyhound,  sire deerhound/greyhound/Wheaton 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, jackthelad said:

higher calling big heavy lurchers like that ....good on big edibles

👍as long as they don’t have to do much running mate there good 👍 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

Who gives two sh*ts. Hares taste of ass. 

You're cooking em wrong then, sheepy.  Marinated in a good red wine, with garlic, mixed herbs and thyme, overnight, then in the slow cooker for a few hours, superb.  👍

Forgot the bay leaves.  👍

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, shaaark said:

You're cooking em wrong then, sheepy.  Marinated in a good red wine, with garlic, mixed herbs and thyme, overnight, then in the slow cooker for a few hours, superb.  👍

Then buried in the hedge 

• Haha 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hbb
      I’m looking for some advice as we recently rescued a whippet lurcher mix. She’s extremely friendly and sociable with dogs and people but is constantly biting and grabbing our older dogs legs, ears and neck. He’s s cavachon and doesn’t really care for playing or interacting with other dogs so he rarely snaps or growls at her when she starts. He’ll just stand there looking at us or try to run away. She’s never been aggressive towards him and regularly try’s to protect him if other dogs get rough with him. However she’s constantly biting at him when he starts barking or when’s she too excited. We separate her and tell her no but so far it’s not working and he’s doing little to tell her to stop. My worry is he’s much smaller then her and that she might accidentally hurt him if we weren’t there to stop it. Is this common Lurcher behaviour and any suggestions? Thanks 
    • By Kingofthelamp
      Well lads I’m just looking for some advice on my pup if anyone can help he was jumping against a wall and fell awkwardly on his back right leg there was a little squeal nothing much out of him but he has it held up since and is limping around he’s in good enough form he try’s to run around with other lurcher but I checked it and felt it out nothing is broken that I can tell but when I motion the leg and give it a stretch inwards and outward it hurts him?? 

any opinions or advice be great lads👍👍
    • By Paragon.of.Zaonce
      Hello to all.
      I would like some help with our lurchers coat. Luna is 3 this year, her Mum was a Border Collie x Whippet (merle) her Dad a Whippet x Greyhound (Non-Merle). I think she has the harlequin merle modifier gene, I don't think she is double merle, her Dad was not cryptic as far as we can tell. She has no helth issues eyesight excellent and her hearing is as selective as any lurcher. 
      She is a stunning wee dog, very unique markings, great temperament.
      Any help appreciated.

• By Kingofthelamp
      Anyone ever worked a deaf lurcher by any chance?..reason behind the question is I’ve bred a retired dog to a Merle bitch an I took my pup from it the biggest of the lot black and white with two ice blue eyes but I’ve noticed he can’t hear anything bangs or anything like that there’s only a odd reaction to some stuff but his eyesight is 100% very good eyes. I’m just curious because it’s all I have from this old dog and I was thinking could I use the pup lamping and out with terriers any info be [BANNED TEXT]. The father was not Merle only mother...
    • By Forest Queen
      Help Required as to ancestry /history of my saluki /Greyhound. 
      I have just lost my dog of a lifetime to cancer, she was 11/12 yrs old.I am truly heartbroken. 
      I'm not a hunter,but have always loved sight hounds in particular salukis.
      My dog Fern was a very distinguishable sighthound ,her colouring alone a mutated dilute. Was quite a show stopper. I'd have people literally stopping cars to ask what she was as she held herself well and looked awesome. 
      She was Steel and tan with a white butterfly on chest. White tips on feet. 
      Fur like velvet and shone.
      A glamourous looking dog.
      She passed through I believe 5 lurcher men before coming to me age around 4 yrs. 
      I had her 8 yrs. 
      I have  sketchy details of her young life and know she was initially used as a racing dog and then a lampers dog. Until she hurt her spine and broke a toe.  
      Fern was born around 2009,lived in North East England (Northumberland).
      I believe she had two litters of puppies (do you have one?)
      Lived Winlaton, Mickley,Prudhoe , Ryton, Greenside, Horsley.
      I believe her father (sire) may of being khan jihad. 
      I believe her mother (dam) was a steel greyhound and was a Irish coursing champion.  
      Does anyone know who that might be?
      Who bred Fern?
      Does her heritage fit time scale wise?
      I would dearly love to know as I said, totally in bits at her loss. 
      I just want to try and recreate her or seek out someone who might be able too from same lineage. 
      Whilst I'm not a hunter, I turned Fern from huntress to helper in that I used her skills and abilities to bring deer out to me to photograph, as I'm a professional photographer. We were quite a team. 
      I just loved everything about that girl.
      Thanks for any help received.