Pups in Cumbria?? Sensible price??

1 minute ago, poxon said:

same view as I now have mate there home has no guarantees there first year an half is to see what they all about if they got what you need/want or expect if they can’t do what you expect room is made for the next candidate that will do as you need/want or expect.no point in kidding your self in this game or excepting less took me a long time to realise that but happy with the bitch I got now ive no grumbles about her she’s no world beater type but very useful for me if it involves catching or killing she’ll give me her ? 

We all been there mate only leads to standard of dog dropping 

If the dog can’t catch most time out all season what use is it can get a spaniel to chase stuff every time out catch odd one aswell lol ?? 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the one I lost , cracking dog

My mates bitch is due to drop I think at the end of this month,they will be deerhound greyhound 1stx to a whippet dog.They should be hand things as he is hoping to bring the size down.I did that in 20

Been over today an got a deposit down , that brindle bitch with the white socks , caught my eye straight away, looking forward to a new journey with a new pup ?

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

We all been there mate only leads to standard of dog dropping 

If the dog can’t catch most time out all season what use is it can get a spaniel to chase stuff every time out catch odd one aswell lol ?? 

You only have enough life for a certain number of dogs. It soon passes you by. Best to spend it pouring time and effort into something that’s going to respond to it. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Saltmoon said:

Personally if a dog didnt make the grade for me I'd keep it as a pet couldn't pts a healthy dog I understand everyone's views but I'd keep as a pet 100%

You could end up with a very full house if you were unlucky before you ended up with a decent one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Saltmoon said:

Personally if a dog didnt make the grade for me I'd keep it as a pet couldn't pts a healthy dog I understand everyone's views but I'd keep as a pet 100%

But your going to be catching nothing for next ten year or have to get another dog then that doesn’t make grade you got 2 pets and so on mate ?? 

• Like 2

I’ve been there in the past felt a bit soft keeping dogs that didn’t make what I wanted love got in the way it becomes hard work tbh they still need feeding walking an good exercise it becomes a burden if you work dogs as well plus have family life an a day job to contend with they take up any free time. The most dogs I’ve had in one time is 4 I’ll be honest I didn’t enjoy it as much it felt like a job. How I look at it now is I’ll only keep 2 dogs at any one time I try an keep to the type i favour I try an breed an keep my own I’ll not breed young out my dogs as I like a gap between them ie 5yr rule works good it’ll stop over dogging your self or getting to a stage we’re your sofas are taken up by a good few retired dogs.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, poxon said:

I’ve been there in the past felt a bit soft keeping dogs that didn’t make what I wanted love got in the way it becomes hard work tbh they still need feeding walking an good exercise it becomes a burden if you work dogs as well plus have family life an a day job to contend with they take up any free time. The most dogs I’ve had in one time is 4 I’ll be honest I didn’t enjoy it as much it felt like a job. How I look at it now is I’ll only keep 2 dogs at any one time I try an keep to the type i favour I try an breed an keep my own I’ll not breed young out my dogs as I like a gap between them ie 5yr rule works good it’ll stop over dogging your self or getting to a stage we’re your sofas are taken up by a good few retired dogs.

I’ve got 15 ? it’s deffo a full time job ? 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

But your going to be catching nothing for next ten year or have to get another dog then that doesn’t make grade you got 2 pets and so on mate ?? 

I get what people are saying my dog I got on now is a decent enough dog for me hes got a slight joint problem in his leg but that's when hes ran hard for a nights lamping but a mooching dog for a few runs hes spot on I'm in the process of sourcing another dog that I can then run full time lamping but it will still live in the house and live a working/pet lifestyle. I get out few times a week in the season lamping and that's about the average I can manage with work life home life balance so I guess for me it's not 100% about the working ability of the animal as even if it couldn't catch a rabbit I'd still keep it ?‍♂️ that's just me. I full agree with not breeding from crap or failed dogs what's the point in that but as far as keeping them they stay with me regardless ???

• Like 4
1 hour ago, poxon said:

Sounds like to much hard work for me mate??  

It is ? I’m blessed with a very supportive Mrs who is often seen walking through the village with five or six dogs and has accepted all that comes with the lifestyle we have. 

But they soon build up. Three collies here, one on the verge of retirement and so another will be needed soon. Five Lurchers, of which one is retired, one her pet, one a pup, one main worker and a project bitch I think I need a home for. And six assorted bushers / terriers. Ok it’s only 14, not so bad. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...