Pups in Cumbria?? Sensible price??

30 minutes ago, grompz said:

the, dog that you lost was like poxon stated certainly my type of dog for general mooching about with ferrets, lamp and even working with the gun,on the look out myself for a dog bred like that, getting harder tofind these days, could you not get in touch with the bloke who bred him, or he maybe able to put you on to some off similiar breeding, surely there must been lads up cumbria way,working and breeding this excellent cross, good luck in your search.

Yeh I certainly couldn’t of been happier with that dog I lost. What really surprised me was the nose he had, and the way he would really work cover almost like a bloody gun dog haha at times frustrating as he would flush a rabbit or hare and not see it, as he had his nose down , but I certainly wasn’t gonna discourage it. As I say  it’s first lurcher I’ve owned and the hunting cover like that was something i was not expecting.  But yeh iv been trying to find the contact details of the guy I got him off, but I don’t think I ever actually had his number, I think we just spoke through gumtree , been looking back through gumtree messages and it seems to have  disappeared. Il stick at it though something will come eventually???

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the one I lost , cracking dog

My mates bitch is due to drop I think at the end of this month,they will be deerhound greyhound 1stx to a whippet dog.They should be hand things as he is hoping to bring the size down.I did that in 20

Been over today an got a deposit down , that brindle bitch with the white socks , caught my eye straight away, looking forward to a new journey with a new pup ?

Posted Images

13 hours ago, moonlighter said:

If your on Facebook, there’s a couple of good groups, “bedlington, whippet hunting group” and “bedlington, greyhound” group. They sometimes have litters on there, although they can’t directly advertise on Facebook. 

I’m not on Facebook, but the wife is so il have a look on hers ?definitely sounds like it’s worth looking into cheers bud ??

Just now, AndyD89 said:

I’m not on Facebook, but the wife is so il have a look on hers ?definitely sounds like it’s worth looking into cheers bud ??

Yeh I couldn’t fault him mate , for me and what I wanted him for , think he was gonna be a good dog, real shame.  Paid 180 quid for haha these covid prices are just bloody crazy , saw some the other day , first cross beagle whippet, 2500 , these people want there heads testing 

1 hour ago, lurchers said:

My mates bitch is due to drop I think at the end of this month,they will be deerhound greyhound 1stx to a whippet dog.They should be hand things as he is hoping to bring the size down.I did that in 2000 and the bitches made 23tts and the dogs 25/26tts.I don’t know how much they will be but I can ask for ya.That’s his bitch and dog he has used mate

35410528-8287-4490-9117-376AC1D4C7FD.png

5DCC2198-FDA1-437E-AF04-72B630B21615.png

Yeh I would certainly be interested mate ?? look smart dogs both of em

• Like 1
8 hours ago, AndyD89 said:

Yeh I would certainly be interested mate ?? look smart dogs both of em

I’ve got no fancy for another lurcher mate but he knows these are my favourite breed,he wants me to have a look at them when there are about 4wks old but I’ve told him that’s all I am doing cos I know what will happen.

Edited by lurchers
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, AndyD89 said:

Yeh I certainly couldn’t of been happier with that dog I lost. What really surprised me was the nose he had, and the way he would really work cover almost like a bloody gun dog haha at times frustrating as he would flush a rabbit or hare and not see it, as he had his nose down , but I certainly wasn’t gonna discourage it. As I say  it’s first lurcher I’ve owned and the hunting cover like that was something i was not expecting.  But yeh iv been trying to find the contact details of the guy I got him off, but I don’t think I ever actually had his number, I think we just spoke through gumtree , been looking back through gumtree messages and it seems to have  disappeared. Il stick at it though something will come eventually???

it's no surprise with beddy blood. nose, marking, working cover comes naturally ?

• Like 4
1 hour ago, lurchers said:

I’ve got no fancy for another lurcher mate but he knows these are my favourite breed,he wants me to have a look at them when there are about 4wks old but I’ve told him that’s all I am doing cos I know what will happen.

Haha spot on ! Have u already got a pack like ??? Haha were are the pubs located ??  Do u know how much he wants for one???

14 hours ago, lurchers said:

My mates bitch is due to drop I think at the end of this month,they will be deerhound greyhound 1stx to a whippet dog.They should be hand things as he is hoping to bring the size down.I did that in 2000 and the bitches made 23tts and the dogs 25/26tts.I don’t know how much they will be but I can ask for ya.That’s his bitch and dog he has used mate

35410528-8287-4490-9117-376AC1D4C7FD.png

5DCC2198-FDA1-437E-AF04-72B630B21615.png

recon if i didnt have two pups on right now....i would be asking for you mates number

7 hours ago, TOMO said:

recon if i didnt have two pups on right now....i would be asking for you mates number

I don’t know why people haven’t bred many of these over the years as most people are put off because of the size or the deerhound greyhounds.But this sorts that problem out and makes them abit more nimble.I’ve put this pic up before but here it is again mate.

DD868304-B0E7-4C52-953B-0A3F2CCCA3CE.png

6572B06F-BD61-4C38-8DE6-83463016D90E.png

Edited by lurchers
  • Like 8

The deerhound greyhound bitch next to her is what John slack bred,the pic of the red coat reminds me of John at the coursing meet were he lives as John is a registered slipper and there was plenty of hares there.The people who got pups were well pleased with them and said the speed was unbelievable.I sold them pups cheap to friends and sold the other 5 for £50 each and still had muppets wanting them cheaper than than,made me laugh when you seen pups in the countryman’s weekly for treble that.

• Like 4