What's cooking?

3 minutes ago, ditchman said:

The Danish do a similar type of watery looking stew....its done in a tall pyrex cylinder on the cooker....they put lumps of mutton in it ..spuds...cabbage...green pepper corns...........very tasty with fresh bread

I will get some hot bread from the local bakery tomorrow and give it a go.

• Like 1

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Posted Images

Daughters wedding yesterday so a bit hanging this morning, out for a nice walk with the dogs on the Cotswolds gathered a bit of firewood and just made myself a nice beg roll, fresh crusty bread from local bakery bit of pig from local slaughterhouse and a double Yoker from the cleaner at work  ready for a quiet afternoon sat by the fire 

71E9BC07-594A-4796-A6C2-798BAD14D99F.jpeg

395BE828-2196-49AF-A7DD-9F5E22B865C4.jpeg

12300A3C-60F5-444F-BDB3-1EDBDF7ABA04.jpeg

75C9491C-E209-4F8E-821A-289E4F64A331.jpeg

A17FD642-BAE0-4185-8A5E-B310FBF03D4D.jpeg

48FC6C81-C044-4C91-9BA8-01B10723FC5A.jpeg

• Like 17
46 minutes ago, Arry said:

Monk Fish tonight pan fried in butter.

IMG_2271.jpeg.c8074473636539b5f8b61e9c065302f8.jpeg

Cheers Arry

Top class

42 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Never eaten that Arry looks a solid bit of fish. Shop bought or did you catch it yourself mate

Monk fish is very high on the tasty scale, like prawn meat, lovely with oyster sauce and spring onion, with fried rice. Or fried in batter as scampi

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Chaff said:

Never eaten that Arry looks a solid bit of fish. Shop bought or did you catch it yourself mate

No mate I didn't catch it I bought it the other day when Wifey and me went for a walk around Brixham harbour. Theres a shop at the fish market and the fish looked so fresh a well presented we bought a fillet. it was bloody lovely.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, Arry said:

No mate I didn't catch it I bought it the other day when Wifey and me went for a walk around Brixham harbour. Theres a shop at the fish market and the fish looked so fresh a well presented wi bought a fillet. it was bloody lovely.

Cheers Arry

Only way arry  monkfish was. Once a cheap fish used for every thing. Now it’s not anything you’d give ya cat is now the. In fish to eat 

• Like 1

Almost as good as Zander my friends. A used to be friend, brought some monkfish from Birmingham market but didn’t let us on how long it had been in his van. My wife and I very, very ill. I’m still waiting on, including Paulus, my friends to catch me possibly the best fish I have ever had, the Zander. Looking forward to cooking someone a carte Blanche dinner. Jok.

27 minutes ago, jok said:

Almost as good as Zander my friends. A used to be friend, brought some monkfish from Birmingham market but didn’t let us on how long it had been in his van. My wife and I very, very ill. I’m still waiting on, including Paulus, my friends to catch me possibly the best fish I have ever had, the Zander. Looking forward to cooking someone a carte Blanche dinner. Jok.

Is it like bass? 

• Like 1