What's cooking?

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Spaghetti bolognaise from scratch, none of that sh*t from a jar, does anyone else think mushrooms have no place in a bolognaise, she makes me put them in and they just don’t go together 

IMG_8322.jpeg

love mushrooms in spag sauce.............dont like my sauce sloppy...i mix up the spag or that flat stuff with the sticky thick meat sauce and serve with home made parsley and garlic/butter oven done bread...

celery and carrot in the mix as well

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Stavross said:

Spaghetti bolognaise from scratch, none of that sh*t from a jar, does anyone else think mushrooms have no place in a bolognaise, she makes me put them in and they just don’t go together 

IMG_8322.jpeg

Looks like a proper nice one that mate.

But I dont get the cheese, if it's the one that smells like vomit.

Cheers

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Chaff said:

Looks like a proper nice one that mate.

But I dont get the cheese, if it's the one that smells like vomit.

Cheers

Ever smelled 'stinking bishop', mate?

Give it a try, you'll think parmesan smells superb in comparison!!  Lol

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Ever smelled 'stinking bishop', mate?

Give it a try, you'll you think parmesan smells superb in comparison!!  Lol

I take it's not a member of the clergy mate.

I dont know why but I always get the smell of fresh chunder from parmesan,  my Mrs likes it I just get the aroma of sick coming from it lol

Dont mind strong cheeses cant say I've ever tasted or smelt stinky biship but I will look out for it in the future 👍

Just now, Chaff said:

I dont know why but I always get the smell of fresh chunder from parmesan,  my Mrs likes it I just get the aroma of sick coming from it lol

Dont mind strong cheeses cant say I've ever tasted or smelt stinky biship but I will look out for it in the future 👍

Lol  an ex of mine bought me some, years ago, as she knew I liked strong cheeses.

Make sure you have ALL your windows WIDE OPEN, when you unwrap it!!  Lol  👍

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Chaff said:

You're right to say it smells of sick, butryic acid is what you're smelling a chemical found in both parmesan cheese and sick. Lovely stuff though can't have spag bol without a heavy dusting of fresh parmesan or pecorino.

• Like 2