Is this sour grapes ?

I've been working in Bristol this week, seen loads of folks not wearing masks in and out of shops, f**k all being said to them??? ?.... Back home  in Wales, they stop you entering without a mask or a valid pass from the Welsh assembly excusing you??? What's the f***ing craic??? There's too much confusion and folks are seeing through this bullshit, Hell of a money spinner dishing out fines these next few weeks.. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My shooting season is over . The new lockdown rules mean that organised game shooting is not going to happen this season. I should have been out this morning for a shoot day today , but instead I’m sa

i hope those two women yesterday fight there case.....what a piss take that was

i know mate ...its a compleat piss take...

Posted Images

1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

To be honest, I haven't  lot of sympathy for the two women. Why drive seven miles to go for a walk ?

Yeah, the police seem to have been a bit heavy handed, but the rules are either enforced or it's a free for all.

Cheers.

To be fair charts no one including police chiefs have said what there classing as  local  ie what distance is acceptable and what's not  is it your town or is it your county and every force will have a different perspective on it 

3 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

To be fair charts no one including police chiefs have said what there classing as  local  ie what distance is acceptable and what's not  is it your town or is it your county and every force will have a different perspective on it 

I know it's a very gray area, but I would personally assume that going for a walk means just that ! Not driving somewhere.

It not as if they were trying to escape some inner city shithole or sink estate......they were from Ashby-de-la-Zouche !

Cheers.

11 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

To be honest, I haven't  lot of sympathy for the two women. Why drive seven miles to go for a walk ?

Yeah, the police seem to have been a bit heavy handed, but the rules are either enforced or it's a free for all.

Cheers.

Because maybe it's a really nice location where they can stretch their legs. 

If they are abiding by the rules does it really matter how far you drive? 

• Like 2
Just now, Greb147 said:

Because maybe it's a really nice location where they can stretch their legs. 

If they are abiding by the rules does it really matter how far you drive? 

Of course it matters !

What if they were involved in an accident, and needed an ambulance, medical treatment, hospitalising ?

Im far from happy with this, but what's the point in risking falling foul of the law ?

I could drive a few miles to give the dogs a run on a hare, but I wouldn't be moaning if I got pulled, yes, it's stupid, but I'd be even dafter to flout it !

Cheers.

6 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Of course it matters !

What if they were involved in an accident, and needed an ambulance, medical treatment, hospitalising ?

Im far from happy with this, but what's the point in risking falling foul of the law ?

I could drive a few miles to give the dogs a run on a hare, but I wouldn't be moaning if I got pulled, yes, it's stupid, but I'd be even dafter to flout it !

Cheers.

What if they need the same a mile from home? 

7 minutes ago, Balaur said:

That was your whatiff charts lol, to justify not travelling a little for exercise

I an suitably chastised ! ? !

But we could take it to the level of ad absurdum......, what if they fell down the stairs in their own home, or had a heart attack while doing essential shopping, etc.

They would still have needed medical help, but it doesn't equate with going for a drive so they could take a walk.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

"Whatiffery" isn't a valid debating point in my mind.

They flouted a stupid rule, the police over reacted massively.

Cheers.

No whatiffery mate, I don't think it really matters if you need an ambulance 7 miles away or 1 mile away from home. 

Speaking of that, I advice anyone on here to get the app what3words. 

2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

No whatiffery mate, I don't think it really matters if you need an ambulance 7 miles away or 1 mile away from home. 

Speaking of that, I advice anyone on here to get the app what3words. 

I saw the guy that developed that app being interviewed, but I'm still not sure what it's for ?

Cheers.