28 minutes ago, morton said:

I owned a red Bitch bred from digging royalty,we often went ratting early dawn to warm the terriers up for the real days work,i could not let her of the leash as she ate every rat she could sneak off with and was pot bellied and sleepy for the rest of the days more serious enterprise.

Sorry Morton  i don't know anyone stupid enough who'd do that and end up taking a sore dog foxing.

Edited to add today in fact i was out foxing and a squirrel was shot as it was sat up in a tree and i made sure it was dead before i let a russell rag on it due to this very fact, she bolted two foxes during the day and didn't need another bite to feel tonight..

Edited by fireman

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most Americans start their terriers in an artificial scenario which I have never agreed with regardless of age.Pet rats,caged coons ,wooden boxes with a possum.As my father used to say "It's like putt

Does killing rats even make any difference as to how easily a terrier will or wont enter to real quarry?I dont think so.Ive seen terriers that have killed loads of rats and ragged loads of carcasses a

If they're any good you shouldn't have to

11 minutes ago, morton said:

Special needs always wants to be special.

Fcukin ironic coming from you that is. Lol. 

Look Morton there's no shame in doubling up your terriers well there is but if that's how you want to roll then knock yourself out, but don't be crabbing other lads methods of entering their terriers because they don't own or breed bushing dogs. 

1 minute ago, fireman said:

Sorry Morton  i don't know anyone stupid enough who'd do that and end up taking a sore dog foxing.

Ill be as stupid as you want if it helps you get a pointless dig in,we know the same people and I'm comfortable.

3 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Fcukin ironic coming from you that is. Lol. 

Look Morton there's no shame in doubling up your terriers well there is but if that's how you want to roll then knock yourself out, but don't be crabbing other lads methods of entering their terriers because they don't own or breed bushing dogs. 

You want to get yourself some easy weekend money and take tips as a tourist ape in Gibraltar.

• Haha 2
18 minutes ago, fireman said:

Edited to add today in fact i was out foxing and a squirrel was shot as it was sat up in a tree and i made sure it was dead before i let a russell rag on it due to this very fact, she bolted two foxes during the day and didn't need another bite to feel tonight..

If I stopped working a sore terrier,id stop working them 2 weeks into the season.

1 minute ago, sid g said:

i used to dig with a fat lad he liked the odd steak n kidney   warm if he could get his hands on em he was a bit pot bellied and sleepy for the rest of the days more serious enterprise.

you know me?

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Then Morton comes an it’s like finding the holy grail of stupidity ?

Then monty python throws Katchpricks 3 seconds of expertise in,id rather own a few moments based in wisdom than a lifetime of katchums parental guidance.

30 minutes ago, morton said:

Ill be as stupid as you want if it helps you get a pointless dig in,we know the same people and I'm comfortable.

As it goes iv'e never said a bad word about or against you,iv'e read what folk say to you and iv'e read what you've said and i have always given you a bit of respect for standing your ground about what you do with your terriers so i have no reason to pointlessly dig you  out Morton:victory:, as for knowing the same people ??,pm some names and i'll let you know if we know the same folk as i don't know many and i can count them on one hand who's ever been out foxing with me..:thumbs:

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, morton said:

Then monty python throws Katchpricks 3 seconds of expertise in,id rather own a few moments based in wisdom than a lifetime of katchums parental guidance.

Speaking of parental guidance lol didn't you mention on here more than once that your own son is breeding away from your original stock in both lurchers and terriers. 

Seems junior has more sense than senior and could teach you a thing or two. 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Speaking of parental guidance lol didn't you mention on here more than once that your own son is breeding away from your original stock in both lurchers and terriers. 

Seems junior has more sense than senior and could teach you a thing or two. 

I mentioned it,the lurcher cannot cover a cow and the Lakey could not cover the Beddy,the lurcher wants a wank and the Lakey was never suitable,my lad is going the brother and sister route now,id rather he put her to her grandad,his bitch,his choice and the wrong un.

• Haha 1

I'd a bitch pup once that was killing large adult rats at 8 weeks old. (she found them herself).I cant see what the benefit of baiting pups with tame rats is though.It seems to be an american thing -trying to have them dug to by 7 months old etc.