Winter solstice

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally I think religion should be flexible, it can be made to fit you and how you are feeling. Most religions are joined in some way, they merge and mix and evolve. It's a strange habit of man to

Nature is a constant, all being.  Without  her, no life, no people.  That's my belief,  Atb j 

Twelve Nights of Yule Mother Night is the first of the 12 nights of Yule. It starts on December 20th, and the twelfth night is on the 31st, Yule proper. When our ancestors used a lunar calendar,

Posted Images

1 hour ago, FLATTOP said:

I love all those old traditions, I’ve always wanted to blast out the Glorious Om Riff by Steve Hillage at the top of Glastonbury Tor I think it would be suitable lol.

As for the Scrumpy I’m a big fan I make my own in small batches but I visit this chap at least twice a year and fill up a few five gallon barrels ?

http://wilkinscider.com/

I'll be calling in there at some point?? some farmer maths in that pricelist though?

38 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

I'll be calling in there at some point?? some farmer maths in that pricelist though?

I’ve worked it out to be around 86p a pint when I bought over 100 pints he’s very generous when he fills the barrels right to the brim when your in there buy some of his cheese the Stilton is amazing even better get some one to drive you there and you can have a drink and listen to some of his stories and have a look at his Banksy on the wall, some famous folk have turned up there there can’t be many places like it left in the U.K. it’s like going back in time. 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

I’ve worked it out to be around 86p a pint when I bought over 100 pints he’s very generous when he fills the barrels right to the brim when your in there buy some of his cheese the Stilton is amazing even better get some one to drive you there and you can have a drink and listen to some of his stories and have a look at his Banksy on the wall, some famous folk have turned up there there can’t be many places like it left in the U.K. it’s like going back in time. 

5 gallons for £36 ? ................ think I'd need an ambulance home if I turned up there for a visit!! ?

• Haha 1
On 20/12/2020 at 21:33, jetro said:

True, there was no choice.

Join us or die, that's it.

But Christmas, Easter, all souls ect ect, are all pagan, they just change it to suit their own agenda 

Atb j 

I agree with you Constantine more or less merged paganism an Christianity,Catholicism 

Are you a practising pagan Jethro?

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, Francie said:

I agree with you Constantine more or less merged paganism an Christianity,Catholicism 

Are you a practising pagan Jethro?

I wouldn't say practicing, but I believe in  nature, and what she has given to us, I'm greatful to her, and some of the old ways and gods, that makes sence to you.  

No human sacrifices mind you, although I do have a list lol???.

Atb j 

• Like 3

Personally I think religion should be flexible, it can be made to fit you and how you are feeling. Most religions are joined in some way, they merge and mix and evolve. It's a strange habit of man to try to separate it out and put it in boxes of absolute truth. 

To me religion is there to give a little bit of comfort and help us organise the big unanswerable questions in life. It's tradition, it's ritual and habit. Yet the history of humans is one of saying 'I'm right', and to be in my gang to must absolutely believe in xyz, ho and give me some money and you daughter'. 

I'd describe myself of an odinistic heathen. I just like the bits that I like about it. I believe if there is a god then its quite likely there is more than 1. I like the not being meek and timid but. No, you put you and your family first they are the absolute most important thing in life. Then your land, history and people. All this THEN you help others. Sacrifice doesn't mean killing your first born...but when we have a BBQ with family, drinking home made cider and eating venison I do feel a link to bigger things and I take time just to stop and be greatful, maybe pour a bit of homemade cider on my allotment to give a bit back. 

But feeling like that doesn't mean I have to reject Christianity. As kids we sang rousing hymms about green and pleasant lands in assembly and the church spire looked over the village. That's part of us too. Our family were christened there, married then and buried there. Choose and take what gives you peace and comfort. 

Many of our cathedral cities are built in towns where many lay lines cross, where our ancient burial mounds were situated by our forefathers. Enter a large cathedral and you can't help but be inspired, it all has a value. 

I once read an odinist prayer that is read over a new born child. It said something like 'may you feel hatred and love' 'sadness and happiness'. I found that quite true. It's more real, rather than being told not to do things. If I have a god I think he wants me to experience it all, he isn't sat on a cloud calling me a c*nt cos I'm getting pissed and banging different birds as a young man. 

Equally sometimes I think it's possible we are all sat on a giant rock whizzing through space and it's all just chance. But that's quite a sad thought, so I'll start planning my mid winter yuletide/Christmas feast, be greatful for what I have, give thanks and try to be just a bit better person this year. I don't know much but I do know that that truth is as close and good and holy as anything the pope or the dali larma believes....and if any God is sat up there saying I'm so wrong and I'll go to hell for it, then fck him, I did my best. 

IMG_20201222_083426.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

I honestly think Druids and Paganism is a lot more believable than Christianity and Catholicism .

There's so many 'druids' and 'pagans' that are just attention seeking, hippy vegan pricks. Just take what you want from it all. Look at Christian Easter. It just so happens that the old pagans had a spring festival called ostera, with symbols of new life, re birth, chicks/eggs, spring flowers etc. 

Just forget the sinning bollocks, enjoy your Easter eggs and crack on ?????

• Like 3
14 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

I love all those old traditions, I’ve always wanted to blast out the Glorious Om Riff by Steve Hillage at the top of Glastonbury Tor I think it would be suitable lol.

As for the Scrumpy I’m a big fan I make my own in small batches but I visit this chap at least twice a year and fill up a few five gallon barrels ?

http://wilkinscider.com/

Roger used to have a cider festival every year, drink all you could pig roast and camping all for £25 and his neighbour is actually mick jaggers brother that looks just like mick and has a band so he would be playing a few tunes as well, all ended because people were going down with drums and just filling them up for £25 instead of just drinking all night for free ?now it’s done by invite only ?