AJ vs Pulev

4 minutes ago, fireman said:

There changing every sort of contact sport into a snowflake show,footy and rugby both have had so many rule changes it has changed the game. Not sure how sport will look in 20 years but i will be suprised if boxing is still allowed the way it's all going......

I'm surprised it's still going now, to be honest.

• Like 1

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If it's a draw ,will you both fuk off ?

Just for the record, f**k Anthony Josua ?

Had a really interesting conversation with a well known old trainer a few days ago he made some interesting points that the entire purpose of " fistic instruction " as he put it...is slowly being erod

Posted Images

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Had a really interesting conversation with a well known old trainer a few days ago he made some interesting points that the entire purpose of " fistic instruction " as he put it...is slowly being eroded and replaced by " punchless performers " who can win a contest without having a fight....he was talking about how a young boy used to be taught how to defend himself with his fists and how the step from amateur to pro boxing is now so easy due to the emphasis placed on fitness rather than toughness,evasion rather than durability...and point scoring rather than causing injury........almost as though they are trying to take the toughness and brutality out of " a fight " in order to keep in line with every other " compassion " in society......certainly got me thinking.

I think you mate has a point ,there has been a slow erosion of the rough and readiness ,what some call the brutality of the sport ,.I think as a main stream sport it has pandered to much to an ignorant  media and public who want their violence sterilized .if yo look at mma it is a much more brutal ,primitive sport ,but because the demographics of its audience is mainly younger and it's main outlet is tinterweb and ppv they don't give a fuk about how they come across in the mainstream media or society in general ,this attitude may change the bigger and more popular it gets ,.

All contact sports are coming under more and more scrutiny ,we have seen the best and purest form of them 

20 minutes ago, oxo said:

Mma is a lot more watered down than it was at the outset though, Gnasher has a point seems to be more athletes than fighters theses days.

Well of course, when UFC first came out there was no weight classes and was basically every goes barring nutting, eye gouging, stamping and kicking in the balls. 

Remember when Gary Goodridge looked like he'd kill that cnut who he trapped in a crucifix and almost elbowed him to death. ?

24 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Well of course, when UFC first came out there was no weight classes and was basically every goes barring nutting, eye gouging, stamping and kicking in the balls. 

Remember when Gary Goodridge looked like he'd kill that cnut who he trapped in a crucifix and almost elbowed him to death. ?

Them elbows are brutal.

3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Had a really interesting conversation with a well known old trainer a few days ago he made some interesting points that the entire purpose of " fistic instruction " as he put it...is slowly being eroded and replaced by " punchless performers " who can win a contest without having a fight....he was talking about how a young boy used to be taught how to defend himself with his fists and how the step from amateur to pro boxing is now so easy due to the emphasis placed on fitness rather than toughness,evasion rather than durability...and point scoring rather than causing injury........almost as though they are trying to take the toughness and brutality out of " a fight " in order to keep in line with every other " compassion " in society......certainly got me thinking.

I never thought so deeply about it, but I often watch older fights on you tube and you just don't see the "wars" in the heavies like times before, the clips Greb put up of Holyfield v Bowe is more like a couple of middle weights standing toe to toe and trading... I can't think of a heavyweight fight like that for a while...maybe the AJ v Klitchko fight, was exciting at least, but as you say its become a lot more "tippy tappy" (shit phrase but im sure you understand...lol)

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I never thought so deeply about it, but I often watch older fights on you tube and you just don't see the "wars" in the heavies like times before, the clips Greb put up of Holyfield v Bowe is more like a couple of middle weights standing toe to toe and trading... I can't think of a heavyweight fight like that for a while...maybe the AJ v Klitchko fight, was exciting at least, but as you say its become a lot more "tippy tappy" (shit phrase but im sure you understand...lol)

I think you are quite correct mate. Which is one of the reasons I can't really fathom why people have got behind fury like they have. 

I await the 'hate' lol ?

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, sid g said:

i think the programme he did and the way he came back , getting a better team behind him and the wilder fights have changed peoples views on him a bit  

Personally, I wouldn't go that far. I still think he's crap.

I'll keep saying it, in beating wilder, he's still not beaten anyone with any real ability. ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, sid g said:

i`m not fussed who wins out the pair of em but i liked the way fury got up off the floor in wilder 1 and i wanted him to beat him in the 2nd fight outside of a fury aj  fight i have very little interest in boxing  i think its best days in every division have gone ...

Not always the case pal, just go and watch the pair of Golovkin/Canelo fight highlights, brilliant bouts tbh. 

• Like 1