Any HGV drivers on here?

Hi! I am looking to make a career change, I love my own company and been out and about driving. Im sick of fake, back stabbing, judgemental and bull sh!t talking bell ends. I like the thought of been solo and getting out everyday. Is there any wagon drivers on here? And if so do you enjoy your job? Cheers! Tom. 

36 minutes ago, tomburras said:

Hi! I am looking to make a career change, I love my own company and been out and about driving. Im sick of fake, back stabbing, judgemental and bull sh!t talking bell ends. I like the thought of been solo and getting out everyday. Is there any wagon drivers on here? And if so do you enjoy your job? Cheers! Tom. 

Never met a happy truck driver yet ??.

Just remember all that back stabbing and bull sh#t talking will still happen no matter where or what job your doing .. my step dads been a driver for over 30yrs and he enjoys it , 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Threre will be someone along soon enough who read a book or watched a fckn video about driving a HGV......??

They could tell you the bolt torque settings on #3 injector aswell ?

54 minutes ago, tomburras said:

You not fancy a 360 mate.left alone all day to crack on.no road traffic to dodge.

• Like 1

I’ve got my ticket, and used to haul hay and straw to wales, I loved it, but....times change and with digi taco’s, roadworks everywhere and the number of pillocks on the road, it’s not like it was, I still renew my ticket as occasionally jump in for my business, but am seriously thinking when it’s up for medical I won’t bother with it again.

as said earlier, I prefer to sit on the 360 or blade with no idiot drivers to dodge at every roundabout and junction.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, tomburras said:

Av done it on and off mate, you've no life,planners are c**ts and the hours are ridiculous then theres going to yards that you'd struggle getting a transit van turned...dont do it is my advise less ta wanna do very long hours and be stressed out 24/7

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Multi drop is a pain in the arse. Alot of time your given shit info to find drop off points. Sent to places that cant get a 40ft round.big warehouses some treat like shit sitting waiting for ages on them. Tacograph is alot of rules to learn. And a pain in arse 

Same as any job some good some bad.

I didn't drive much realised it wasnt for me. Loved the trucks but hated everything that went with it 

• Thanks 2

What's your main objectives in a job? 

If you're after money and don't mind working away get in to rope access. 

A lad who works for us in the winter goes off shore in the summer months working on the turbines. 

He showed me his invoices, he was taking home 12K a month and says the job is brilliant if you don't mind being isolated. 

Some lads chase the money and the weather all year round and make crazy amounts of money. 

• Like 1

I'm a class 2 driver on for a pallet network been back on it coming up 2 years, my advice is don't bother I'm doing 11/12 hour shifts Inc, travel to work your out the house 13 hours a day. The moneys crap unless you do supermarkets then it's shifts. As other people have said the planners are useless we have 3 one's a car driver the other 2 don't drive at all I go to places in my truck (Farms usually) down tracks I wouldn't go down in my jeep but if you get stuck it's your fault 

I have me class 1 or c+e 

Worked for a roof truss firm for 3 years delivering trusses to peoples houses so normally ment tiny dead end streets and restricted access but was somewhere different every day only left because it was a hours commute n found a closer job