Breeding sausage dogs.

Anybody got any experience with mating sausage dogs as ive tried to get my sisters dog to cover a bitch twice now. Ive got another try again Friday.

Is there a method to doing them?

I haven't been able to get it done yet, its just not happening naturally despite plenty of enthusiasm from the dog and bitch.

Any pointers much appreciated.

42 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

I'd take the fact that two animals can't manage it as a pretty fair sign that they shouldn't be :(

Look at " English Bulldogs ". Can't give birth, following a - usually assisted - mating. What's that telling us?

Its telling us what it should be telling everybody, if it cant be done naturally then it should not be done. I don't mean that a vet shouldn't be called if there are birthing problems or that straws shouldn't be used to keep old lines or overcome distance problems etc. I mean if a mating cannot be achieved naturally then there is probably a good reason why it cannot.

What he said 

Edited by hambone
has got time to improve
2 hours ago, trigger2 said:

Anybody got any experience with mating sausage dogs as ive tried to get my sisters dog to cover a bitch twice now. Ive got another try again Friday.

I haven't been able to get it done yet, its just not happening naturally despite plenty of enthusiasm from the dog and bitch.

You will have to wank him off with your lips... Use some lube it will finish him quicker.... Then inseminate the bitch and hold her upside down for 3 hrs to make sure?

• Haha 15

I remember for pit bulls years ago we used to make up what we'd call a " rape stand " but that was only really for a bitch who wasnt playing ball....surely if both dogs are willing and her days are right its just the weight issue , you must be able to place something over her to take his weight...no ?....although i agree with the other lads if it cant be done it shouldnt be done in those circs.

• Like 2
On 09/12/2020 at 20:41, trigger2 said:

No, I wouldn't recommend pointers. Stick with the sausage dogs to keep the pedigree intact. There is too much cross breeding these days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 09/12/2020 at 19:41, trigger2 said:

do it by hand mate ...ive never done it...but it looks pretty easy theres plenty of vids on youtube

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, TOMO said:

do it by hand mate ...ive never done it...but it looks pretty easy theres plenty of vids on youtube

That reminds me of when my wife watched Jamie Oliver cooking on a rotisserie, thought that’s a good idea then typed spit roast into google ? 

• Haha 6