Tyson/Jones. Dubious/ Joyce

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Think hes ok they offered him the covid vaccine he refused said hes scared of jabs ??

Id say its another over hyped zero loss one hit wonder, theyre world comes crashing down when they get hit back, as we seen with wilder fury, they need to stip blowing smoke up these fighters arses, a

nice one joe just won £505.00

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, bird said:

nice few quid that greg64 , was it good fight ? or bit one sided

Close fight Ray, Joyce fought a clever fight, used his reach and good jab, didn't really land a power shot, but the jab was constant...Dubois landed a few decent shots, probably threw the bigger shots but seemed to burn out after exploding in the first minute of each round... his eye was completely closed and Joyce was constant, but didn't expect him taking a knee and count out off a jab...hope he comes back stronger and cleverer, Joyce armature pedigree showed.. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, NEWKID said:

Close fight Ray, Joyce fought a clever fight, used his reach and good jab, didn't really land a power shot, but the jab was constant...Dubois landed a few decent shots, probably threw the bigger shots but seemed to burn out after exploding in the first minute of each round... his eye was completely closed and Joyce was constant, but didn't expect him taking a knee and count out off a jab...hope he comes back stronger and cleverer, Joyce armature pedigree showed.. 

:thumbs:  thanks

8 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Good tactics from Joyce, not what Dubois expected perhaps...strange finish, could affect his confidence?

Strange fight from the beginning mate, seemed a bit overalled by things from the off, gutted ?

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Strange fight from the beginning mate, seemed a bit overalled by things from the off, gutted ?

Id say its another over hyped zero loss one hit wonder, theyre world comes crashing down when they get hit back, as we seen with wilder fury, they need to stip blowing smoke up these fighters arses, and get sparring partners who actually hit back and make them feel and see its not all one way in a proper fight

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Been talking about this all day yesterday im of the opinion Daniel is like a child in a mans body he is the most shy,timid lad you will ever find yet an absolute powerhouse.....he quit,no two ways about it you just cant do that.....i thought it was a pretty even fight but he panicked and quit,simple.....having had a serious eye injury myself years ago i know its a horrible feeling getting punched on an eye you know is in a bad way but part of a fighting mentality is about controlling your emotions,collecting yourself and staying in the fight.....he didnt do that because he is not mentally mature.....pushed too hard by an over enthusiastic father ?....maybe.....a superb athlete thats not a fighter in his heart ? maybe.....fom seeing the kid coming up it was obvious he could of taken to virtually any physical sport he was just one of those naturally capable physical specimens.....from sprinter to chucking a javelin the lad could of done anything......but the internal battles a fighter has with himself is just stuff you cant learn.........Joyce will be a tough nut to crack his strength and persistence are very intimidating.

As for Tyson/Jones what a load of old bollocks you can go in any gym in the world and watch body spars just because they were once great fighters doesnt make it any better to watch !

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 3

It’s the mental things you can’t see mate, hope he,s able to build and learn from it rather than be deterred, just been told he had a broken eye socket, all of my kids even the girls have fought at club level in competitive fights in a ring and the waves of emotions are incredible to watch, going from crying to laughing and back again in minutes and that’s when they win and something people don’t get to see, so what must go through someone’s head when they step in at that level is something most will never experience  and Daniel had that look in his eyes from the off ?  On a brighter note Tyson gave his entire 8m purse to charity so at least some good came from it, but as a huge fan of his back in the 80s I just couldn’t bring myself to watch it ?

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 2
24 minutes ago, Greyman said:

It’s the mental things you can’t see mate, hope he,s able to build and learn from it rather than be deterred, just been told he had a broken eye socket, all of my kids even the girls have fought at club level in competitive fights in a ring and the waves of emotions are incredible to watch, going from crying to laughing and back again in minutes and that’s when they win and something people don’t get to see, so what must go through someone’s head when they step in at that level is something most will never experience  and Daniel had that look in his eyes from the off ?  On a brighter note Tyson gave his entire 8m purse to charity so at least some good came from it, but as a huge fan of his back in the 80s I just couldn’t bring myself to watch it ?

People knock Tyson for having no heart but he went out on his shield with a eye just as bad against Douglas, the incompetent corner didn't even have a end-swell and had to fill up a glove with slush. 

I predicted that Joyce would stop him late, you don't rate him but he's faced some good competition in his amateur days and hung with the best. 

The man appears to have a granite chin, he takes shots flush as he's got no head movement but he walks through them. ?

As for Dubois, I hope it was a case of him having a broken eye socket and living to fight another day but he plain assed quit. 

He can come again but it looks as though he's got dog in him, the future will tell. 

• Like 2
On 30/11/2020 at 17:51, Greyman said:

Only because ive known the gym and the family who run the gym for as long as i can remember do i know the mental make up of the kid and he just doesnt have it upstairs, even watching him interviewed i find hard to watch as he,s a painfully shy kid....the day of the fight he was more concerned with what answers he should give in his post fight interview than the fight itself....even early in the fight between rounds he was telling Martin he couldnt knock Joyce out,that he,s too strong etc...for a puncher to hit someone with their best shots and not make a dent can be a frightening thing and he panicked.....in his fragile mind the eye damage was the last straw and as much as he can still come back from it you have to be an incredibly talented athlete for " heart " to never play a role in your fighting career.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Only because ive known the gym and the family who run the gym for as long as i can remember do i know the mental make up of the kid and he just doesnt have it upstairs, even watching him interviewed i find hard to watch as he,s a painfully shy kid....the day of the fight he was more concerned with what answers he should give in his post fight interview than the fight itself....even early in the fight between rounds he was telling Martin he couldnt knock Joyce out,that he,s too strong etc...for a puncher to hit someone with their best shots and not make a dent can be a frightening thing and he panicked.....in his fragile mind the eye damage was the last straw and as much as he can still come back from it you have to be an incredibly talented athlete for " heart " to never play a role in your fighting career.

on the money Gnash, it is terrible feeling  hitting somebody with your best shots, and you dont stop them. i remember   as teen having knock with this lad, i must have dropped 3 him times, but he  got up, and kept coming back , some people have massive heart , they dont know what quit means, you have to kill them 1st deff .

11 hours ago, bird said:

on the money Gnash, it is terrible feeling  hitting somebody with your best shots, and you dont stop them. i remember   as teen having knock with this lad, i must have dropped 3 him times, but he  got up, and kept coming back , some people have massive heart , they dont know what quit means, you have to kill them 1st deff .

Perhaps you punch like a girl? :whistling:

1 hour ago, walshie said:

Perhaps you punch like a girl? :whistling:

That's what I thought Dave, when the twat get getting up lol, no he was   bit of nutter his old man was the same, you  must met them before  that type you have shoot the prats  1st,  just tough blokes

• Like 1