permission

Personally I wouldn’t worry about it, just go mooching in a few places and if a farmer approaches talk to him decent, he’ll either let you have permission or just tell you he can’t have you on, you’ll get the odd one shouting a bit but 95% of them will be sound if you are, though really if you use your head you shouldn’t get caught often anyway. Even if you do get bother, it’s only a bit of dog work it’s not a hanging offence like the red hot brigade would have you believe. 

Edited by Shadow100
  • Like 1

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My pals sister is courtin we a lad over Leeds, he’s a farm there I could ask and possibly put you in touch

Let's all be honest yeah it's good to have permission I've got a little bit of permission not much on there and hs2 has raped it but most of my hunting life I've been and always will be a poacher who

I'll take both 

Posted Images

Good luck mate hope you get lucky ??took me years to get legitimate bit of permission it’s been a hard hold slog. me an a mate off here share a bit of land that’s pretty big it’d take two nights to walk it an I’ve got a smallish farm I look after my self it’s hard getting a foot in the door I’m now trusted fully on my little farm at first it was just ferreting once he see I was sound an id help him out with anything I’ve got free rain to ferret,lamp do what I want I’m now in the mate zone rather than just some guy that wants to ferret or lamp his land this season I’ve gained 3 more fields there not big that are joint to his farm with promises of getting me on the next farm over that’s a monster farm got my fingers crossed ?? but I’ve still not got no we’re near enough permission land to give up the freelance crack up tbh I don’t think I ever will I like freelancing old habits die hard ??

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, poxon said:

Good luck mate hope you get lucky ??took me years to get legitimate bit of permission it’s been a hard hold slog. me an a mate off here share a bit of land that’s pretty big it’d take two nights to walk it an I’ve got a smallish farm I look after my self it’s hard getting a foot in the door I’m now trusted fully on my little farm at first it was just ferreting once he see I was sound an id help him out with anything I’ve got free rain to ferret,lamp do what I want I’m now in the mate zone rather than just some guy that wants to ferret or lamp his land this season I’ve gained 3 more fields there not big that are joint to his farm with promises of getting me on the next farm over that’s a monster farm got my fingers crossed ?? but I’ve still not got no we’re near enough permission land to give up the freelance crack up tbh I don’t think I ever will I like freelancing old habits die hard ??

It gets dull walking same ground. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

It gets dull walking same ground. 

Definitely mate me an me mate we switch it up we visit a variety of spots we use but never in no order or routine we try an keep it fun there’s no numbers of nothing round here but we try keeping our dogs ticking over 

6 minutes ago, Jezzadevon said:

Where are you lads 

Your be lucky if anyone gives you there location fella tbh some of us have learned the hard way same with this taking lads out for a lamp on your spots I’ll never do it again take lads out for a shine on any of my spots.....

14 minutes ago, poxon said:

Definitely mate me an me mate we switch it up we visit a variety of spots we use but never in no order or routine we try an keep it fun there’s no numbers of nothing round here but we try keeping our dogs ticking over 

I’m having a bit of a nightmare with this whole “pay the country to have a massive holiday while some of us work like c**ts to look after them” thing - people everywhere wandering about / eyes everywhere. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

I’m having a bit of a nightmare with this whole “pay the country to have a massive holiday while some of us work like c**ts to look after them” thing - people everywhere wandering about / eyes everywhere. 

Bit of a joke ain’t it during the first lock down day time I refused to go on any local mooches the place was full of day walkers I stuck to just my little farm if I wanted to walk about in the day

1 minute ago, poxon said:

Bit of a joke ain’t it during the first lock down day time I refused to go on any local mooches the place was full of day walkers I stuck to just my little farm if I wanted to walk about in the day

The first lock down had two halves. The first was a nightmare ..... I couldn’t even go for a walk on my own farm, without running into the entire world and his dog. Then they changed the rules and it was awesome - folk weren’t allowed to just rock up out here, and I had run of all of the surrounding farms with not a person in sight! Even kept the amateur game keepers in town lol. 

13 minutes ago, poxon said:

Your be lucky if anyone gives you there location fella tbh some of us have learned the hard way same with this taking lads out for a lamp on your spots I’ll never do it again take lads out for a shine on any of my spots.....

not asking for post code bud to there house by saying Leeds Liverpool Devon Bristol Swansea ain’t going to help me with there lamping spots lol just wondering if it was close by me 

atb 

Edited by Jezzadevon
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Jezzadevon said:

not asking for post code bud to there house by saying Leeds Liverpool Devon Bristol Swansea ain’t going to help me with there lamping spots lol just wondering if it was close by me 

atb 

I know what you mean fella but like I said your be lucky most people don’t want people knowing there locations ie areas it’s a open forum fella if there willing to tell ya it’ll be via pm or chat people don’t know you from the next man you only been on here just over a week you could be any one digging for info or other intel an that’s not being rude or disrespectful to you in any way fella 

19 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

The first lock down had two halves. The first was a nightmare ..... I couldn’t even go for a walk on my own farm, without running into the entire world and his dog. Then they changed the rules and it was awesome - folk weren’t allowed to just rock up out here, and I had run of all of the surrounding farms with not a person in sight! Even kept the amateur game keepers in town lol. 

Mad weren’t it the one walk a day excise bought every man woman on to the land...nightmare!

• Like 1