An open fire.

12 minutes ago, sid g said:

how far off are you from a permanent  move ...

No real deadline but like to be on by end of month, would like to go sooner but lockdown has made things a bit awkward, lots of dirty looks when I turned up today, so would rather lockdown ended but will probably do a few nights onboard before then, am also in the process of fitting a new bathroom in the house so no real rush have lots to do ?? plus I,m meant to be having my hernia sewn back in on the 24th ??

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 2

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love an open fire. They always make me chilled. My first memory of one is when I was a kid before I went to school. My mam was breastfeeding my kid sister and I was staring out of the window watching

My missus. Minus 23, north of the Arctic circle; Thats when you really appreciate a good fire !

My problem in life is if I earn 500 a day I would only work one day a week, I,m a man of low ambition unfortunately, a day in the woods can save me a couple of hundred quid cutting logs but also saves

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Just back been and opened up the boat and moved some clobber and personal effects on board also got the fire going with two eco fans on, lovely jjubbly and when I went in to put a few bits in the engine room I only found a folding Brompton pushbike in a bag all folded away in the corner double sweet ??

C64B38A5-9E22-4B17-8106-03BA4A7293CB.jpeg

A2F49269-9D25-4ED9-B038-919BF6105CF1.jpeg

E2AD7002-502E-456D-BE75-267B308468C6.jpeg

Thats bloody lovely. Always fancied that life

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Part of the charm of it is self sufficiency. Much the same as fieldsports. But for folks who can earn 500 quid a day doing whatever it is they do I understand why they would rather use their time more economically.

My problem in life is if I earn 500 a day I would only work one day a week, I,m a man of low ambition unfortunately, a day in the woods can save me a couple of hundred quid cutting logs but also saves my soul, ?

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Love a good open fire or log burner always had a open fire when younger an at home then left home an got a flat with no fire place then moved to a new build because my misses wanted a new build I told her it’d be soulless in a new build as they have no character that was in the town Id had enough of being in a town plus expanding family so we moved to a village one of my on the list was a log burner would be going in ASAP expensive to have installed but worth every penny ??It’s a lovely heat far better than from radiator heat an excellent to sit in front of with a nice cuppa an the dogs after a walk or lamp

9CBFC5A8-B68B-4955-BCB7-F7F0C38DE105.jpeg

C87D3A52-2F50-4B50-913C-CCA29B64D8DA.jpeg

• Like 12
1 minute ago, jetro said:

Like the idea of the lights, and everything else looks good as well.

Atb j 

its my lads place. im staying there at moment. loving the fire though. brings back memorys of my youth. 

• Like 1

I,ve done a couple and use aluminium sheet behind, might not be recommended but it displaces heat quicker than most metals and returns to cool quickly, final bonus is those big road signs are free aluminium sheets in whatever size you require ?

• Haha 1