Sign in to follow this  
Kalibrgun

Litters ?

16 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

Think he means pulling up 

perhaps never heard the term that's all, i never bred a jacker but I have owned one, he could do two jack then kill the next three,  I put up with it because it was rare he did it,  and I liked him, got hit by a car in the end nice dog, but never breed from it. just to add dogs will jack for a million reasons, but I believe some lines have a jack gene built in.

Edited by two crows

3 hours ago, two crows said:

whats doing the arc never heard that term mc

When it jacked be behind hare then do an arc and come back 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, two crows said:

perhaps never heard the term that's all, i never bred a jacker but I have owned one, he could do two jack then kill the next three,  I put up with it because it was rare he did it,  and I liked him, got hit by a car in the end nice dog, but never breed from it. just to add dogs will jack for a million reasons, but I believe some lines have a jack gene built in.

Think a lot of dogs would jack if they were given a lot of work but if theyre only ran lightly the owner will never know, then it’s bred from and the half hearted gene is passed on. 

4 hours ago, two crows said:

lol only one in litter worth breeding from a cream dog couple good killers a jacker i didn't do a repeat mating lol

The 2 done it on me could kill strong hares but pull i couldn't look at them after that lol 

9 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

Think a lot of dogs would jack if they were given a lot of work but if theyre only ran lightly the owner will never know, then it’s bred from and the half hearted gene is passed on. 

I agree shadow but I think some brains not wired right that one jacked on me the sire killed 4 dead winter got on another then another ran till he dropped the dam i had 5 seasons with on everything bar smellys would punch holes in thick cover and they bred a jacker to be fair only one good dog in full litter 

You get some couldnt kill an hare but would try all day everyday then them that kill them but pull when it isn't even hard going 

What was dam to one pulled on you shadow

5 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

I agree shadow but I think some brains not wired right that one jacked on me the sire killed 4 dead winter got on another then another ran till he dropped the dam i had 5 seasons with on everything bar smellys would punch holes in thick cover and they bred a jacker to be fair only one good dog in full litter 

You get some couldnt kill an hare but would try all day everyday then them that kill them but pull when it isn't even hard going 

What was dam to one pulled on you shadow

She was out of PG Jamie dog back to belles sister rosie. Heard off men I trust rosie was a genuine good bitch ran hard, but tbh I think that Jamie dog done next to f**k all so could easy be a weak link there. I had a dog direct out of Jamie that was rubbish as well.

Romeo was the father to the dog ive seen good and bad out of him. If yours are tough then you’re half way there I think the biggest problem with stuff out of romeo is they can be very fragile & injury prone.

Edited by Shadow100

I don’t like really closely bred stuff for that reason and they also seem to loose speed when to inbred, mad when you outcross to pure saluki a lot of the time they turn out faster than either parent, hybrid vigour again I think 

• Like 2

the amount of work a dog dose or dose not do will not make it produce a jacker, as hull said he produced his from good dogs, some have it some don't.

1 minute ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

I don’t like really closely bred stuff for that reason and they also seem to loose speed when to inbred, mad when you outcross to pure saluki a lot of the time they turn out faster than either parent, hybrid vigour again I think 

agree with that, when I bred first crosses they were fast as fook and some three quarters I bred off fred were the same, the old saluki lurchers we bred in the seventys were faster straight off the pure.

44 minutes ago, two crows said:

the amount of work a dog dose or dose not do will not make it produce a jacker, as hull said he produced his from good dogs, some have it some don't.

What I mean is a dog could run 1 or 2 hares on a Sunday morning for its full career and it probably wouldn’t pull up, it would have no reason to, but start giving that same dog a bit of stick you could find out it’s heartless and not worth kennel space. But if the owner only runs it very lightly then puts it out for stud, a heartless dogs out there lining bitches left right and centre but nobody knows cause it’s never been tested to find out 

• Like 1

On 28/09/2020 at 02:33, W. Katchum said:

Pay your money, if you want it, pay it, if not then wait. I bought a cheap pup Cos I liked the breeder, liked what he bred an wanted one, only cost me peanuts but then it cost me a fcuk load to go over to Ireland to get it, stay the night, take couple days off work to drive there an back an what ever else, but it’s what i wanted, an I’d go again tomorrow if it’s what’s I was after, make your lad happy ffs an out your hand in you pocket you miser 😂

Round trip from Barcelona to Nottingham.... I win 😂

On 01/10/2020 at 19:50, Kalibrgun said:

Kenny hall stuff with a bit of Romeo thrown in I've had videos sent of sire and dam and cannot fault them at all 

That fuucking Romeo has some explaining to do lol he's my dickhead's dad and my dickhead, is a dickhead.

On the food front.... he's just done in last night's saag aloo and is now sat with a split cow femur, eyeballing and growling at the cat 😂

Edited by mushroom
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Shadow100 said:

She was out of PG Jamie dog back to belles sister rosie. Heard off men I trust rosie was a genuine good bitch ran hard, but tbh I think that Jamie dog done next to f**k all so could easy be a weak link there. I had a dog direct out of Jamie that was rubbish as well.

Romeo was the father to the dog ive seen good and bad out of him. If yours are tough then you’re half way there I think the biggest problem with stuff out of romeo is they can be very fragile & injury prone.

Gotta say mine is pretty indestructible. I've seen him hit trees, benches, even a lamppost at full speed and basically shake it off (granted he did scream like a banshee for 10mins after the lamppost incident lol)