Litters ?

49 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Theres testing them and there’s running the life out a them lol once a week through dead a winter running 4s 5s is tested it can hack twice a week dead winter it’s happy days that’s for me though I recon every other day right threw I’d would have had a few more jackers lol

Tbh once a week Dec - Feb that’s still only 12/13 days out for a full winter it’s not a lot I’d want to run a dog twice a week right through before I was sure about it. Once a week they’ve got 6 days rest in between outings most dogs should thrive being ran like that 

• Like 1

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Could of sold a choc terrier bitch for £1200 an was in season not made the grade but did the right thing an could of done with the cash as needed new moto I'd not see a dog be used to pump pups out ?

That's the down fall of working dog's people paying big money I'd not pay no more the £200 for a pup an I still think that's a lot , when take litter from my bitch pups be free 5 pups spoken for good

I can't think o note worse than putting hand in ones pocket meks us shudder

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

Tbh once a week Dec - Feb that’s still only 12/13 days out for a full winter it’s not a lot I’d want to run a dog twice a week right through before I was sure about it. Once a week they’ve got 6 days rest in between outings most dogs should thrive being ran like that 

A dog kills 50-60 hares going once a week in dead winter thats eighty or more with oct nov added in 4-5 years of that dogs a real un mate 

Edited by mC HULL
wrong
  • Like 2

Coursing bred dogs are a law unto themselves. Years ago i bought a strong dog pup out of a litter that on paper was one of the best matings available. When you looked at him you would think he would be able to run and kill plenty of good hares. By the time he was twenty two months old he still hadn't killed one and didn't even look like doing so. He didn't have enough pace to get to a hare never mind pressure it. His father was Buddy and the bitch was a well bred and well tested bitch. A while later a got a three quarter Greyhound One quarter Saluki bitch at twelve months old. She had plenty of pace and often straight lined a hare and killed it. Then one day when she was about three she ran up to a hare and turned off it after having killed one half an hour earlier. I left her off the lead and started walking back to my vehicle. Ten minutes later she put one up herself and killed it after three turns. She did the turning off them thing a couple more times over the next year and i believe she could tell they where good hares and wanted no part of them. I gave her away as a pet. Over the years i learned one thing with coursing dogs and that is nothing is certain or guaranteed. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, ianm said:

Coursing bred dogs are a law unto themselves. Years ago i bought a strong dog pup out of a litter that on paper was one of the best matings available. When you looked at him you would think he would be able to run and kill plenty of good hares. By the time he was twenty two months old he still hadn't killed one and didn't even look like doing so. He didn't have enough pace to get to a hare never mind pressure it. His father was Buddy and the bitch was a well bred and well tested bitch. A while later a got a three quarter Greyhound One quarter Saluki bitch at twelve months old. She had plenty of pace and often straight lined a hare and killed it. Then one day when she was about three she ran up to a hare and turned off it after having killed one half an hour earlier. I left her off the lead and started walking back to my vehicle. Ten minutes later she put one up herself and killed it after three turns. She did the turning off them thing a couple more times over the next year and i believe she could tell they where good hares and wanted no part of them. I gave her away as a pet. Over the years i learned one thing with coursing dogs and that is nothing is certain or guaranteed. 

I bred a litter of three quarter grey quarter saluki mine dint jack but if it went   more than a  minuet you could see em running out of steam like yours they looked impressive at times both mine killed themselves.

• Like 1