Jump to content
WILF

Veg & Meat Boxes

Recommended Posts

Anyone here buy from a delivered box scheme ?

Just a bit of research really to see:

Why do you buy them ?

What do you like about them?

What do you dislike ?

If you don’t buy them why not ?

Any input welcome 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, WILF said:

Anyone here buy from a delivered box scheme ?

Just a bit of research really to see:

Why do you buy them ?

What do you like about them?

What do you dislike ?

If you don’t buy them why not ?

Any input welcome 👍

On a hunting forum , Wilf ! Really ?

Surely we catch/grow/produce all our own food ???

 

Tongue in check, mate 👍

Cheers.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like buying a grocery box requires a degree of 'togetherness' that I just don't have. It's just more convenient going to the supermarket. Probably more suited to a busy household than me anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wilf I get my organic beef an milk an vegs boxes from Culmore farm in Kilrea, its more dearer but good clean quality. 

Are you thinking of setting up? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, WILF said:

Anyone here buy from a delivered box scheme ?

Just a bit of research really to see:

Why do you buy them ?

What do you like about them?

What do you dislike ?

If you don’t buy them why not ?

Any input welcome 👍

I but them to limit the amount of toxins an antibiotics going into my body. 

They taste alot better an seem to be more vibrant. 

Nothi g to dislike about them lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I saw a locally produced one on FB pages and it had some reasonably priced meat and veg I'd have one, I like the fact that it's more likely to be decent grub, saves me going to supermarket which I despise, I generally use a large village co-op. Maybe once a month hit Aldi or Asda. During lockdown used to go get farm eggs bread and cakes, it's preorder though, so if I could just swing by and get something be more tempted to use it more often....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello folks, I hope you has a lovely weekend. As usual let me know by Tuesday if you'd like something for Thursday.
Pick up is between 9-2pm from 34......... Road. If you're unable to make it please send me a text and we can work something out. X
Rosh

Culmore Organic Farm Raw Milk £1.25 per litre (2 litres £2.50)

Culmore Well water £1 for 2 litres 

Organic Apple cider vinegar £3
Magnesium oil £6.50 100ml

Organic Raw Milk kefir £5 /1litre

Organic Eggs £2 for 1/2 dozen

Organic Veg box£9.50 from Whiteoaks 

All meet is priced per kilo so you can order as little or as much as you'd like.
Organic Grass Fed Meat from Culmore Organic Farm
Filet £40kg 
Chump £20kg 
Sirloin £30per kg
Rib-eye £30 kg out of ribeye for now
Frying steak £16.80 
Steak pieces £16.80 
Steak Roasts £20 kg 
Stewing steak £16.80kg
Pot Roast £16.00 kg
Mince £12 kg 
Beef Sausages £12 
Burgers £5 for 4 pack
Thank you 😊 

That's the prices wilf mate

Edited by Francie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also bought some supposed decent belly pork recently organic all that and it was shite. So quality counts...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Balaur said:

Also bought some supposed decent belly pork recently organic all that and it was shite. So quality counts...

Was it supposed to be organic but not nice to eat Joe? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Francie said:

Was it supposed to be organic but not nice to eat Joe? 

It lacked fat and the taste wasn't upto much. We've just had our first half pig off allotment syndicate and that is divine, fat and meat to die for cracking sausages, got another coming October.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Balaur said:

If I saw a locally produced one on FB pages and it had some reasonably priced meat and veg I'd have one, I like the fact that it's more likely to be decent grub, saves me going to supermarket which I despise, I generally use a large village co-op. Maybe once a month hit Aldi or Asda. During lockdown used to go get farm eggs bread and cakes, it's preorder though, so if I could just swing by and get something be more tempted to use it more often....

Good point on price mate, what would you consider a decent price ?

For farm to fork beef the going rate seems to be about €14 a kilo (£7 lb ish) here

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Balaur said:

It lacked fat and the taste wasn't upto much. We've just had our first half pig off allotment syndicate and that is divine, fat and meat to die for cracking sausages, got another coming October.

What did they charge for that mate ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Balaur said:

It lacked fat and the taste wasn't upto much. We've just had our first half pig off allotment syndicate and that is divine, fat and meat to die for cracking sausages, got another coming October.

My mouths watering thinking about crispy organic bacon sambos with brown ding lol

Who looks after the syndicate pigs Joe? 

Do yous all take turns? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Francie said:

My mouths watering thinking about crispy organic bacon sambos with brown ding lol

Who looks after the syndicate pigs Joe? 

Do yous all take turns? 

Yep my missus does it I'm not sure how often but probably split between 15 or so folk so not that often

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...