Rabbit dog

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3/4 whippet 1/4 irish terrier 

Dog should catch on any land be it fast ground to moors if it cant no worth a f..k

Everytime a dog goes out lamping its in danger of serious injury wherever you go ?

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

I never lamped a bowling green either and i doubt anybody has ?strange question that, i once did a golf course as a pest control job you should give it a try a good test for your dogs , as anyone who done one will know ? Just for the f reckord they needed shifting so i shot the feckers after. ,as for talking shite your blessed with rabbits up there its not like that everywhere again others will tell you that ? Dont what it is but the story of rory comes mind lamped a pitc

Blessed with rabbits ??? i wish lamped a grazy golf course they were easy were mostly concrete 

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I know a lad that used to lamp golf courses......he had two dogs break their legs in the same sand bunker !

Youd have thought he would have learned after the first one, but some people never learn.........

Cheers.

Tells you everything charts ???

We used to lamp the local golf course when I first started with lurchers, rabbits flew across those fairways didn’t catch very many at all, 3 rabbits was considered a top class night ? 

Heard a lot of horror stories about dogs suffering terrible injuries on golf courses but for the amount we ran those rabbits I never saw one dog pick up an injury. Wouldn’t do it now but was a good bit of fun at the time before any of us could drive.

Edited by Shadow100
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, Loton Moocher said:

I never lamped a bowling green either and i doubt anybody has ?strange question that, i once did a golf course as a pest control job you should give it a try a good test for your dogs , as anyone who done one will know ? Just for the f reckord they needed shifting so i shot the feckers after. ,as for talking shite your blessed with rabbits up there its not like that everywhere again others will tell you that ? Dont what it is but the story of rory comes mind ?

Totally agree with you I used to frequent a golf course a lot.the rabbits were definitely like missile's compared to normal fields surrounding the golf course they were able to run a fair bit quicker on there.

I resorted to the weihrauch 90k in the end..

The bitch wouldn't catch many rabbits on there to be honest.a slight uphill and she wouldn't have a chance..

1 hour ago, king said:

Totally agree with you I used to frequent a golf course a lot.the rabbits were definitely like missile's compared to normal fields surrounding the golf course they were able to run a fair bit quicker on there.

I resorted to the weihrauch 90k in the end..

The bitch wouldn't catch many rabbits on there to be honest.a slight uphill and she wouldn't have a chance..

But you said your dogs NEVER BEEN STRAIGHT LINED 

1 hour ago, Shadow100 said:

We used to lamp the local golf course when I first started with lurchers, rabbits flew across those fairways didn’t catch very many at all, 3 rabbits was considered a top class night ? 

Heard a lot of horror stories about dogs suffering terrible injuries on golf courses but for the amount we ran those rabbits I never saw one dog pick up an injury. Wouldn’t do it now but was a good bit of fun at the time before any of us could drive.

Lived on and worked at a course late 90's till 2003...never had my own or anyone else's dogs hurt themselves on a fairway /green or in a bunker..... Pick up the odd scratch if something went off into the trees... I still start my pups off up there ferretting, they run the hill and forestry blocks,sheep field's try and get them on as much different terrain before they find they're legs and speed Hopefully teach them some sense??

• Like 2