Ancient history programme

it is interesting if you look at a globe of the earth.....and look at all the places close to the 40th parallel going down to the 20th .....old and new civilations in that small band across the world...

its amazing how many great citys are next to or close to the 40th .....ok new York is modern....but going across..Lisbon ...madrid ..rome..Athens ...Ankara.. Beijing.... Tokyo

• Like 2

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah yes, the distinctive alarm call of the homo homo pygmius.

Not really  into the racial purity\arguments ,but I do find it interesting that all the NEW DNA research and discoveries ,fits the narrative of the day suspiciously neatly .

Well look into it you fkn dimwit  .

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

He was also a vocal abololitionist which sort of stands in contrast to racist views (at the time).

The trap of modern times mate, confusing realism with racism.

Back then they could just call it how they saw it without worrying about the nuclear option of the “R” word ! 

• Like 1

another intresting thing is the red Indians in north America ....so them lot were pretty much stone age as well wernt they....and yet just a few miles south and the same race in central America was a great civilization ....watched a program about this stuff some time back....and we all know them lot had pyramids in central America ....but there was also one in the sothern states...florida or Alabama ...somewhere like that....intresting stuff for sure

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TOMO said:

another intresting thing is the red Indians in north America ....so them lot were pretty much stone age as well wernt they....and yet just a few miles south and the same race in central America was a great civilization ....watched a program about this stuff some time back....and we all know them lot had pyramids in central America ....but there was also one in the sothern states...florida or Alabama ...somewhere like that....intresting stuff for sure

Aztecs and Mayan culture's 

Atb j 

8 minutes ago, WILF said:

The trap of modern times mate, confusing realism with racism.

Back then they could just call it how they saw it without worrying about the nuclear option of the “R” word ! 

I'm quite firmly of the belief that 'racism' is the view that the human species can be categorised into separate races and that those races can be ranked in a hierarchy with the top most likely to flourish, dominate and survive the others. There's nothing inherently evil about that 'theory'.

It can be wrong and it can be used to justify evil but racism in it's fundamental form is innocent like any other idea of how the world works. Prejudice that is based on racism needs a different name imo but these days we just lump it all in together.

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Fair one mate, I'll hold my hands up because I think I was wrong. I recalled a piece he wrote about his time with some blacks which convinced him that they were simply uncivilised, rather than uncivilisable, so to speak. He was also a vocal abololitionist which sort of stands in contrast to racist views (at the time).

So again, fair one, it looks like I was mistaken.

No problem at all ....and fair do,s back not letting a lot of education get in the way of a bit of manners. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TOMO said:

I'm not sure about the pyramids but there is Indian Mounds constructed of Earth in parts of Alabama if I remember correct the town is called moundville.

Screenshot_20200821-074350.png.99d99abfc7062f373957c6b89763ef31.png

My daughter found this in the creek on our property.Thought I would share.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rickshaw swami said:

I'm not sure about the pyramids but there is Indian Mounds constructed of Earth in parts of Alabama if I remember correct the town is called moundville.

Screenshot_20200821-074350.png.99d99abfc7062f373957c6b89763ef31.png

My daughter found this in the creek on our property.Thought I would share.

Depending on its size I would guess it’s a spear or arrowhead, a couple of bits missing ?

B7829DDC-B19E-4B3A-A57C-E5A5B4E4535E.jpeg

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Depending on its size I would guess it’s a spear or arrowhead, a couple of bits missing ?

B7829DDC-B19E-4B3A-A57C-E5A5B4E4535E.jpeg

I know very little about Arrowhead hunting but I have family members who are serious about it.My grandmother gifted me a few arrowheads when I was a kid.They  were small triangles.I believe the type I posted would have been a small spear as would have been very heavy for a bow.But not impossible.Ive always wondered what poundage their bows would pull.Alot of arrowheads found here seem too large for arrow and to small for spear.my knowledge on the subject is very limited though.

7 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Just wanted to say, I know that mate and that's why we can have a sensible discussion about it. I'm not going to get all emotional if i can't 'prove' my beliefs and I doubt you will either. :thumbs:

I'm not convinced that there's significant differences, genetically, between us in the UK and a pygmy in the Bronx zoo like :laugh: I errr more towards other factors as the explanation. BUT that doesn't mean I have to accept Somalia's finest as my neighbours.

But I don't really want this to go down that political route and I doubt you do either. I think we're doing just fine keeping this separate from our politics. :thumbs:

I just think Europeans are smarter naturally on average, all humans would have evolved from a few small groups and if say Europeans descend from a smarter individual than other groups then over millennia and in breeding these traits will show through. Who knows why really but I struggle to see anything other than Europeans being smarter than Africans.

Theres not much genetic difference between a collie and a beagle but no one questions which is the naturally smarter animal.

Incidentally dog intelligence is measured in 3 ways they prob fit well to people aswell.

1. Instinctive intelligence (ability to perform tasks it was bred to perform like herding or hunting)
  2. Adaptive intelligence (ability to independently problem solve and learn from previous experiences)
  3. Working and obedience intelligence (ability to learn when being taught by humans)
6 hours ago, Astanley said:

Born will know better than me,but wasn't there a study done on a global scale ,(funded by those intent on proving we 're all equal )measuring IQ and comparing racial results,..it turned out that ashkran ( spelling ) jews ,were miles above any other racial group ,followed by east Asians ( oriental ) and then Caucasians ,...with sub Saharan African s and Albanians being the bottom groups .seem to remember reading this somewhere .

Bit random for Albania? do they have a large ex pat Irish community?

2 hours ago, JDHUNTING said:

Bit random for Albania? do they have a large ex pat Irish community?

I wish to distance my self from that dig at the great Irish race ,I don't want any confusion (you know how thick them micks are )about your views and mine .

• Haha 3