Just short of 90 000 signatures now and with more mps and former players jumping on board demanding answers from Richard masters at the fa the pressure is growing for answers as why it was taking so long .even Simon Jordan thinks it will happen and reports are saying the Saudis and Ruben are overwhelmed by the support shown and haven't ruled out putting the deal back on the table never say never 

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In a topic that involves ,football ,and NUFC  , Max could make Greb seem like a reasonable chap who doesn't like a never ending argument .

He'd have a saluki and a white bed sheet bought the day they took over. 

Given that no one agrees with you I’d suggest it ain’t. Its Max-sense and Max-morals.... Part of the greater world view that is Maxology

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Greb147 said:

I think I've said it before but do they now match kids with people around their size instead of age? 

A big black lad joined the club and partnered me up front, he was like a full grown fella at that age whereas I was still underdeveloped. I didn't grow properly till I was about 16-17 and by that point I'd been dropped. 

No way on earth at that point in my life could I match him for speed and strength. 

You can play “up” at under age but you can’t play “down”.......so a 14 year old could play at U16 level but but a 16 year old couldn’t play at U15 if you get my drift.

However any coach (imho) worth his title should understand that between 12 and 18 the difference in size can be enormous because everyone developed at different rates, it’s a delicate balance of giving enough of a test but not over matching, knowing when to take a player off while he is still winning.

Its like raising a lurcher really, build confidence and build ability and try and limit the set backs while they are young.....keep them winning mentally.

So many parents and coaches have no business being around youth football it’s just not true, but it is improving and that’s a good thing.

• Like 4

Just to get back to what greb was saying. 

my uncle played in a very good youth team and was, I’m not being biased amazing .

He easily the best player I’ve ever seen in the leagues around us and when he gets mentioned in our town the response is “some player him” still to this day.  Absolutely deadly as a striker , lightning fast . Very like a Jamie vardy type if you like. 

he played with another lad who was a midfielder . Very workmanlike and neat. Busy and sharp type . 

as my uncle once said himself he didn’t have the dedication for the life needed and was happy being who he was . MeanWhile his pal went off to have a stellar career with derby county and Man City. 

there’s nothing as sad as unfulfilled potential imho 

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

my uncle played in a very good youth team and was, I’m not being biased amazing .

He easily the best player I’ve ever seen in the leagues around us and when he gets mentioned in our town the response is “some player him” still to this day.  Absolutely deadly as a striker , lightning fast . Very like a Jamie vardy type if you like. 

he played with another lad who was a midfielder . Very workmanlike and neat. Busy and sharp type . 

as my uncle once said himself he didn’t have the dedication for the life needed and was happy being who he was . MeanWhile his pal went off to have a stellar career with derby county and Man City. 

I wonder just how many there are like greb and your uncle out there I suppose most sports are the same it is a shame and a waste of talent but if there happy I suppose it's not for everyone the dedication that goes with it  I was reading about ravel Morrison who admitted he never got near to fulfilling his potential one of thousands I bet 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Tbf I haven't made that much of a mess of my life all things considering. 

One of the other local  lads that was in the academy ended up going off the rails big time after his dad's shock death. 

He went from a promising footballer, in to the army and after his dad passed ended up on crack. 

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Some lads are just happy with their football mate, they find a team and a group of lads they like and get on with and that’s all they need......happy as Larry.

It isn’t until maybe after they go “What if.....?” 

Some are destined for that and some are destined to take it all the way 

I see Boris has written to the Newcastle United Supporters Trust saying he supports the petition, (now at almost 100,000 signatures), and has instructed the Ombudsman to get the EPL to issue a statement explaining their inaction!

It reminds me of the "Chaos Theory", you know the one;

"A butterfly flaps it's wings in Central Park and there's a typhoon in Tiannamen Square".

"A black criminal drug taker dies in America and statues topple in Britain".

The EPL thought if they put off making a decision long enough it would all just go away, but now there's around 20 MPs have wrote to them demanding an explanation, 100,000 have signed a petition, the Prime Minister has now got involved !

Looks like they've dug themselves into a hole.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 2
24 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I see Boris has written to the Newcastle United Supporters Trust saying he supports the petition, (now at almost 100,000 signatures), and has instructed the Ombudsman to get the EPL to issue a statement explaining their inaction!

It reminds me of the "Chaos Theory", you know the one;

"A butterfly flaps it's wings in Central Park and there's a typhoon in Tiannamen Square".

"A black criminal drug taker dies in America and statues topple in Britain".

The EPL thought if they put off making a decision long enough it would all just go away, but now there's around 20 MPs have wrote to them demanding an explanation, 100,000 have signed a petition, the Prime Minister has now got involved !

Looks like they've dug themselves into a hole.

Cheers.

I got a feeling it's going to happen charts to much money involved and the promise of regeneration of the area will see it through I think be good for the area and supporters 

3 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I got a feeling it's going to happen charts to much money involved and the promise of regeneration of the area will see it through I think be good for the area and supporters 

I don't know, I won't hold my breath, but we will never know what goes on behind the scenes.

Theres a thing called "Real Politik", it just takes the Saudis to hint that they may cancel some huge aerospace contract and the diplomats and ministers will go into a panic and suddenly the takeover of a football club in northern England suddenly becomes the "butterfly flapping its wings in St. James Park" !

One thing I DO know about Saudis, is they are easily offended, and deeming them "not fit or proper" will certainly offend them greatly !

Cheers.

12 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I don't know, I won't hold my breath, but we will never know what goes on behind the scenes.

Theres a thing called "Real Politik", it just takes the Saudis to hint that they may cancel some huge aerospace contract and the diplomats and ministers will go into a panic and suddenly the takeover of a football club in northern England suddenly becomes the "butterfly flapping its wings in St. James Park" !

One thing I DO know about Saudis, is they are easily offended, and deeming them "not fit or proper" will certainly offend them greatly !

Cheers.

I think that it charts there's a lot bigger picture as you say British aerospace for one and that on it's own runs into billions and it's not like Boris to pipe up about a football club sale. hundred thousand in that space of time is not only a great achievement but also the level of feelings from the fans I think the fa were hoping they would pull out but weren't expecting this type of reaction or staveley commitment to get it back on board 

4 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Franny Lee?

16 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Is that Dodgey Boris you were talking about on another thread Charts ' the bloke who made his brother a Lord lol ?

Yes if there is a big enough brown envelope somewhere along the line he'd  prob back anything Lol ?

Max don't be bitter the toon have a few billionaires  wanting to buy them you can't blame them there  a established prem team were as you are a established mid table 3 rd division team the toon are  worth more than ten times what you are   ? with no one interested in you it says it all ? and now the fair salary cap is in place you best use to the 3rd division ?? 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 3