How kelpies doing?

13 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

The dog has to be capable no dogman in world make a shite one good just wasting time and effort trying 

Also shite dogmen can ruin a great prospect and call the dog useless, these tossers go through a lot of dogs until they finally see they are the useless one. ?

• Like 3

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another aussie type

Mine is turning out as I had hoped, Comes with me everywhere, she can go all day, But just lays quietly if there’s not much going on, Strong desire to work and hunt, can be a bit nervy sometimes

Sod it! I decided to be brave and do it again straight away. Noggin's on the left and Ned's on the right. This was taken on Dartmoor a couple of weeks ago. We went up Cawsand Beacon for the view but t

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Also shite dogmen can ruin a great prospect and call the dog useless, these tossers go through a lot of dogs until they finally see they are the useless one. ?

I think only way to ruin a natural is not taking it out showing it stuff or not having it half right ?

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

I think only way to ruin a natural is not taking it out showing it stuff or not having it half right ?

I think quite a few right off young dogs that may become champs just by not giving them time, not all dogs mature at the same rate as with deerhound types and terriers too. I've been given a couple of so called failures over the years that turned out good animals.

• Like 5
56 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

I think quite a few right off young dogs that may become champs just by not giving them time, not all dogs mature at the same rate as with deerhound types and terriers too. I've been given a couple of so called failures over the years that turned out good animals.

I find I can relate 2 failures very well

Ive not done the amount of hunting id like to have done up to now ,so the young kelpies are not experienced as they should be ,but the bitch is very eager to find and to please ,the dog has the drive but not the knowledge yet and i hope over the next few months i can change that,we were walking through the rough pasture land at the base of the hill and they both were flushing rabbits from their hiding places and into cover, where the bitch especially, would crash through and flush them back out resulting in a nice few runs but no catches ,it was great to watch ...then in an open field they hunted up like a hound ,all around the centre and up got a hare ,ran it to cover and twice nearly had it in heather, at one time even knocking it off its feet ,I  dont know how they didnt catch it but it was good for them to do,its not my usual style of hunting but i must say both my son and I really enjoyed the bashing about with them ,a few cock and hen pheasants were found and flushed too so theres nothing wrong with their nose for sure ...I cant manage to put photos up anymore since the change of format here which is a pity ,i used to be able to transfer direct from the phone but alas no more 

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 2

just chancing my arm at this ,so heres the start of the land i walk ,as far as you want but its rough tough going in summertime ....or anytime for that matter

• Like 2