If it wasn't for the crow!

35 minutes ago, si brown said:

Spent ages in the shop this morning looking through every scope imaginable, he had a lupoid like bc’s but I couldn’t make the crosshairs out against the woods so that was a non starter:(

picked up some bloody expensive ones too and walked out with this on loan to see how I get on with... if I like it I can have it for less than half the price I paid for the vortex!

its smaller and lighter to which is a bonus cos the 6.5 is heavy enough?
3B2701F4-0BAD-4734-9B0D-600307A24B29.jpeg.20647e4e2c38c5e49b833a72f6cdd1de.jpeg

Which one is the Nikon si? I have a beat up old 2-7 and it is fantastic.

I doubt you will be disappointed.

Yes, everything looks brown through a Leopold including the reticle!

• Like 1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, there I was sneaking up on a crow when under 10yds a vixen come trotting past! I got on her silently with Fairweather and squeaked. The 17g Remington HMR hit shoulder, not ideal but how she

Polar opposite for me; out this morning at 330 with .17 looking for gingers. Not a sight or sound but on way back home took out a lone crow@113yds which was feeding on belly up bunny.  I know the

Yeah we're behind with cutting, just been too wet.  When I got home my neighbour was putting his golf clubs in car boot, he asked where I'd been so early (he knows I shoot already) after I told h

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Which one is the Nikon si? I have a beat up old 2-7 and it is fantastic.

I doubt you will be disappointed.

Yes, everything looks brown through a Leopold including the reticle!

its a 2.5-10 monarch.. im more than happy with that mag range as I usually shoot on 6 or 7x just for the fov!

me backs been playing up so im chilling today otherwise id be decked out in a field zeroing it in.. job for tomorrow aft work    ?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, si brown said:

its a 2.5-10 monarch.. im more than happy with that mag range as I usually shoot on 6 or 7x just for the fov!

me backs been playing up so im chilling today otherwise id be decked out in a field zeroing it in.. job for tomorrow aft work    ?

Excellent choice sir ?

• Thanks 1
22 hours ago, Dervburner said:

I like the old Simmons wtc, simple scope with a thickish reticle, but good glass. I’ve got an old Burris signature 3-12 x something that’s good in low light, but I can’t find the bleddy thing. I want to put it on my .22 hornet. I’m fed up with these huge and heavy 30mm tubed things that are all the rage nowadays.

I’ve just got rid of a Simmons Whitetail Classic 3.5x10x50 it was good glass but I couldn’t get on with the reticle I think it’s called a Trueplex big fat old thing. 

• Like 1

I’ve had S and B scopes on all my centerfires for years now . And I haven’t regretted it . The light gathering quality is superb on my 8x56 Hungarian . 
          However it sort of matters less now as I tend to swap rifles to night vision as soon as I struggle to see . My Leica bins are more or less redundant as I get the thermal out as well . 

• Like 4
On 11/07/2020 at 09:50, si brown said:

048645E4-B541-49DB-BD5A-B686461576B8.png.92a64b50e5c13369bae894f518775e4a.png
 That’s 3 easy shots missed now with this scope in this situation it’s going?

anyway nice work with the new scope sd and getting the pheasant terrorist?

That looks lke you nuked em. Could swear there's a mushroom cloud behind your truck. Would like to know how you got that on your licence.

• Haha 2

Somehow at that distance I'd have thought you'd have memomentarily been sat with the truck between your teeth, after you'd melted and before you exploded of course.

At least the rabbits would come pre-cooked (charcoaled is cooked in my kitchen).  My Christmas turkey is always browned.

On 11/07/2020 at 10:02, Sausagedog said:

If weren't for the lack of money si I would have some German glass on it tomorrow. Them suckers always pop up when it's near black! It's a rare event what happened to me yesterday! And pure luck!!

There was a fella on Instagram (what's that you ask :laugh:) selling a Swaro Habicht 6x42 with service history for £250. I thought of you, but he's raffling it now. I considered it myself just because those fixed mag Swaro's are bloody good value glass!

I've got a 8x56 on my 25 and I'd not trade it for anything from a lesser quality brand.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

There was a fella on Instagram (what's that you ask :laugh:) selling a Swaro Habicht 6x42 with service history for £250. I thought of you, but he's raffling it now. I considered it myself just because those fixed mag Swaro's are bloody good value glass!

I've got a 8x56 on my 25 and I'd not trade it for anything from a lesser quality brand.

25?