Mountain Hares

6 minutes ago, The drover said:

Did they catch it D . I can mind 30 year back you got them across the clyde from that bit on the flat grass . The made for the mast at top of that hill . Scary stuff when the turned back down ?

There was a whinny field at the bottom of there, next to the road that I though may hold a few, but saner heads prevailed and we gave it a miss ! LOL !

Cheers.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if you cant shoot them that must give them full protection so you have no loophole for hunting them IE flushing.  ( pre ban )

What like the bloods and crips like

That’s the trouble people believe everything they read on pro shooting websites, spend a bit of time in the Cairngorms & Perthshire areas you’ll see it couldn’t be further from the truth. Gro

Posted Images

1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

There was a whinny field at the bottom of there, next to the road that I though may hold a few, but saner heads prevailed and we gave it a miss ! LOL !

Cheers.

Ive had then run on to the verge of the motorway a couple times scary stuff 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

saner heads or age my friend? I find myself these days looking at nearby roads and railway lines and not letting the dog go. years ago I wouldn't bat an eye, turning into a right old fart,   or I have I finally learnt something? 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, fred90 said:

saner heads or age my friend? I find myself these days looking at nearby roads and railway lines and not letting the dog go. years ago I wouldn't bat an eye, turning into a right old fart,   or I have I finally learnt something? 

I'm 68 mate, and been in the game well over 50 years, but the excitement, adrenaline, and, yes, the learning is still there ! Nowt wrong with being an old fart, I'm sure some of the younger lads I hunt with think that of me.......but they still enjoy the craic and hunting, and come back for more ! LOL !

Cheers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, nothernlite said:

I dont run whites down there joe different area thats south im 200 miles up from there got a bit down thete for rabbits get tbe odd white on it but not moorland 

A mile over the hill from there it's all moorland . Was good a long time ago . But between squads of lads being taken on and thermal shooting it's very poor now. Was always good for pups 

On 17/06/2020 at 20:35, fred90 said:

we have them here in Derbyshire. years ago you could have a good day at them. moors are full of do gooders now straight on phones to plod or rangers. 

Never had any bother there mate, early doors midweek... literally see nobody.

Wind dictates where you'll find.

I like to stop at Fairbrook Naze for a sarnie and pull on the flask.  Belting spot there.. Kinder top right, A57 down in the valley..

DSC08837.JPG.2674ff461bd1f08d0e61c0399ba4955f.JPG

From the same spot looking over to Bleaklow..

DSC08836.JPG.19b6338e804b1e93b4f3d34582edf136.JPG

Were lucky to have it on our doorstep!!?

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Never had any bother there mate, early doors midweek... literally see nobody.

Wind dictates where you'll find.

I like to stop at Fairbrook Naze for a sarnie and pull on the flask.  Belting spot there.. Kinder top right, A57 down in the valley..

DSC08837.JPG.2674ff461bd1f08d0e61c0399ba4955f.JPG

From the same spot looking over to Bleaklow..

DSC08836.JPG.19b6338e804b1e93b4f3d34582edf136.JPG

Were lucky to have it on our doorstep!!?

it's a beautiful place. I have nothing to run with these days, only a little mooching dog that might take the odd one off its seat.. 

11 minutes ago, fred90 said:

it's a beautiful place. I have nothing to run with these days, only a little mooching dog that might take the odd one off its seat.. 

Sometimes mate it's just about getting out there..?

A good little un working into the wind will fair well if it's sharp enough i reckon.

Anyroad... have a word with  your colleagues... ask them to stop leaving my empty bin 2 miles down the road!!!....??

• Haha 1

that fits with my thinking, the African hit the nail on the head, give something a value and rightly or wrongly it will be maintained, at the moment they now have no value not even fun, coursing falconry or shooting, it will be interesting to see how far things go before a licence is granted.