Mountain Hares

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if you cant shoot them that must give them full protection so you have no loophole for hunting them IE flushing.  ( pre ban )

What like the bloods and crips like

That’s the trouble people believe everything they read on pro shooting websites, spend a bit of time in the Cairngorms & Perthshire areas you’ll see it couldn’t be further from the truth. Gro

Posted Images

Love walking mountains & seeing whites running about, terrible the way it’s gone on a lot of grouse moors with them being so heavily shot so hopefully this will be an end to that.

Edited by Shadow100
16 minutes ago, two crows said:

if you cant shoot them that must give them full protection so you have no loophole for hunting them IE flushing.  ( pre ban )

DSCF8140.JPG

That’s right, they’re a protected species now. It’s because their conservation status was getting to ‘unfavourable’.

It means if you get caught running them you’re in a bit of bother but then again none of us go out with the expectation of getting caught or we wouldn’t go.

I think it was needed tbh, if people had managed them responsibly like they claim to do it would never have happened but they couldn’t help themselves, had to try and wipe them out so that’s how we’ve ended up here. Only themselves to blame & if it stops us seeing the mountain hare population destroyed in Scotland it can only be a good thing in my opinion.

Edited by Shadow100
  • Like 2
14 hours ago, fred90 said:

we have them here in Derbyshire. years ago you could have a good day at them. moors are full of do gooders now straight on phones to plod or rangers. 

Used to love days up their years ago more for the solitude and remoteness once off the beaten track .Saw some pics some do gooder had took on social media a few years back were some lads had caught a few with their dogs some of the comments were horrendous even compairing said lads to pedophiles and child molesters such is the mindset of some of these lunatics.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, fred90 said:

we have them here in Derbyshire. years ago you could have a good day at them. moors are full of do gooders now straight on phones to plod or rangers. 

Spot on, they right on there phones and either keeper wating for you or the cops. I've had few good mornings on the whites with my dogs,  they just pop up when walking, or they sit tight when walk past them. That's the good thing with Buck he don't look like a lurcher. So easier to mooch about with him, where as old Bryn  does looks like a lurcher lurcher. 

people can call me old fart all they like but things have changed and certainly not for the better. they were great times. I am just getting into the catapult now, not in a big way but its handy for mooching and when little dog trees squirrels. never been a shooting man but had the odd folding fourten and air rifles, got shut now if Joe public sees anyone armed police helicopter is up. 

• Thanks 1