• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Say no more

Ali after beating sonny liston at 22 yrs old in 1964 (56 years ago)    If people are still talking about him as the greatest nearly 6 decades later, I think it’s fair to say it’s b

You see Greb ,it is possible to make a nonsensical , unbelievably daft post ,about a subject you have no personal experience of without insulting people look an learn ,be nice.

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, king said:

Shit up you druggy cnut,

While that insult is straight to the point ,has the advantage of brevity and is not without its own brand of coarse humour , it's not up to the standards demanded on the general section .bear in mind that your aim should be to be as offensive as possible whilst also being slightly witty (  subtle innuendos  can be very effective ) .I suggest you read Greb and Maxs verbal rally to give yourself an idea of the standard required .

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
Just now, Astanley said:

While that insult is straight to the point ,has the advantage of brevity and is not without its own brand of coarse humour , it's not up to the standards demanded on the general section .bear in mind that your aim should be to be as offensive as possible whilst also being slightly witty (  subtle innuendos  can be very effective ) .I suggest you read Greb and Maxs verbal rally to give yourself an idea of the standard required .

And that's excately where someone's patience runs very thin.

I will and have helped many a person in my life. the last 1 being a frail old fella across the road and I felt very happy helping him out.

But responding or talking to a total wrong un is way beyond me nowadays.

I can't be doing with them in real life let alone the interweb.

And such a person seems to respond very well to a good strangling.

Infact I think they like the attention...

It does seem a change from the normal behaviour of a general talk fan..

But feck em...

13 minutes ago, king said:

I will and have helped many a person in my life. the last 1 being a frail old fella across the road and I felt very happy helping him out.

But feck em...

Who do you want to strangle mate? 

Ooh yeah, almost forgot, and the strangling, would that be pre or post 'rimming'? ?

Edited by shaaark
52 minutes ago, king said:

Shit up you druggy cnut,

I'm shocked at the hostile response to what was a amicable question.

What is better beetroot or ham.?

Was just wanting to know how it fitted in with this thread.please explain dean because I'm at a loss.

• Haha 3
26 minutes ago, king said:

But feck em...

Just seen a gang of light aircraft flying in a v formation. Was that you dean.?

3 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Ali fought Terrell who was around 6"6' and toyed with him, Fury is not his billed height as he was barely taller than Wilder. 

Carrying that weight won't help him in a 15 round bout, it may help him in the clinches but like I said Ali was as strong as an ox in the clinch. 

You also have to remember he was adaptable and at his prime he wouldn't be caught up in the clinch, he'd just use his superior footspeed to get in and out. 

Well wilder is billed at 6'7" so about right really he looked 2 inches taller to me. If scientists brought Ali back to fight fury my money would be on fury 6'9" with all the knowledge of the game Ali had plus 50 years of learning since, athletes get better in every other sport.

2 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

Well wilder is billed at 6'7" so about right really he looked 2 inches taller to me. If scientists brought Ali back to fight fury my money would be on fury 6'9" with all the knowledge of the game Ali had plus 50 years of learning since, athletes get better in every other sport.

Look at every face to face between the pair, there's half a inch difference for me at most. 

I disagree with you, I don't think knowledge has improved in fact I think the trainers have regressed from the glory days. 

Sports science has certainly improved but that does nothing for the intricacies of the sweet science itself. 

Boxing is so technical you just can't say fighter A is better than fighter B just because he is in the modern era. 

There ain't no way Fury is more skilled or fitter than an Ali who was at his peak 50 odd years ago. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Look at every face to face between the pair, there's half a inch difference for me at most. 

I disagree with you, I don't think knowledge has improved in fact I think the trainers have regressed from the glory days. 

Sports science has certainly improved but that does nothing for the intricacies of the sweet science itself. 

Boxing is so technical you just can't say fighter A is better than fighter B just because he is in the modern era. 

There ain't no way Fury is more skilled or fitter than an Ali who was at his peak 50 odd years ago. 

Manny Steward is as revered as any and fury spent plenty time around him

12 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

Manny Steward is as revered as any and fury spent plenty time around him

Manny Steward was a great trainer but he didn't specifically train Fury, I wouldn't really call him a modern trainer as he had his first champion in 1980.

I just feel the knowledge passed on by trainers has slowly been lost in translation. 

Edited by Greb147
31 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Manny Steward was a great trainer but he didn't specifically train Fury, I wouldn't really call him a modern trainer as he had his first champion in 1980.

I just feel the knowledge passed on by trainers has slowly been lost in translation. 

I agree but what's been learned since will more than make up for it. Fury would hammer Ali, mediocre modern heavies like Derek chisora would give him kittens, sport moves on imo. Also fighting the odd behemoth here and there in your career is one thing but fighting 250lb men time and time again like nowadays will take its toll on a smaller man eventually. 

Edited by JDHUNTING
5 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

I agree but what's been learned since will more than make up for it. Fury would hammer Ali, mediocre modern heavies like Derek chisora would give him kittens, sport moves on imo. Also fighting the odd behemoth here and there in your career is one thing but fighting 250lb men time and time again like nowadays will take its toll on a smaller man eventually. 

He would hammer him, now that is beyond comical IMO. Ali took the best shots off some of the biggest punchers of all time, Shavers and Foreman are always in the discussion when talking of the biggest puncher ever.

The fighters that gave Ali the most trouble were the quicker and smaller fighters, Ali would make Fury look silly. 

Edited by Greb147
  • Like 4
21 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Fury is a bum.... Not good enough to hold Ali's Spit bucket.... ? 

Fury isn't yet proven to be the best of todays heavyweights. His best win so far is the second fight with wilder. People make a big deal of his win over klitshko, but klitshko hardly threw a punch, and fury  stayed away from him for 90% of the fight anyway. Was boring and poor as f**k. 

Wilder is poor poor poor, and he's fury's 'defining' fight!! ?

• Like 2