• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Say no more

Ali after beating sonny liston at 22 yrs old in 1964 (56 years ago)    If people are still talking about him as the greatest nearly 6 decades later, I think it’s fair to say it’s b

You see Greb ,it is possible to make a nonsensical , unbelievably daft post ,about a subject you have no personal experience of without insulting people look an learn ,be nice.

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Rogerbill said:

Fantasy match,prime fury vs prime ali.......who wins and why.

What a round or the fight? ?

Let's just say there's more chance of Rodney stating a fact than Fury of beating a prime Ali, he would box rings around him and make him look like a cumbersome oaf. 

Edited by Greb147
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Rogerbill said:

Lets call it a 15 round fight

Ali would box his head off and leave his face looking like a butchers block. 

He wound win via stoppage due to cuts or a points decision, the fight would be one sided. 

Old simpleton is clinging to a quote Bob Arum made but Bob is going senile so you can excuse him. 

Anyone with half a brain cell can see that Ali was much faster than Fury in handspeed and footspeed and much fitter to boot. 

The only competitive moments would be in the clinch but nobody outwrestled Ali not even George Foreman, he was super strong in the clinch. 

Edited by Greb147
On 13/07/2020 at 19:03, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Well in reality that’s kinda Of what has happened to allow the likes of the us athletes of the track , field, NBA and nfl . 

it’s also why you don’t find an athlete like Michael Johnson or Jordan in the DR of Congo 

it’s just that no one wants to talk about it 

I think you have to take another factor into account and that is sport is a way into college for most black people in the USA.....it’s what they can do and indeed they do it very well.

They have remained closer to chimps physically than Europeans or Asians, they are genetically predisposed to be stronger etc seeing as they are on the cusp of being classed as full human beings.

Couple that with 5 years of the best sporting facilities and athletic programmes money can buy and you will see results.

Anyone here who has ever had a full physical confrontation with an African will tell you that you really have to hammer them to put them down, they are like beasts.

• Haha 3
15 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

What do you say Rog? 

Id say ali had more skill,fought better guys,really got tested and was the better fighter,but im not sure to be honest as size can play a part,and furys huge,has good skills........not sure greb,but then i think of the otto fight,if he fought ali like he fought otto "all in" walin he would get hurt

1 hour ago, Rogerbill said:

Id say ali had more skill,fought better guys,really got tested and was the better fighter,but im not sure to be honest as size can play a part,and furys huge,has good skills........not sure greb,but then i think of the otto fight,if he fought ali like he fought otto "all in" walin he would get hurt

Ali fought Terrell who was around 6"6' and toyed with him, Fury is not his billed height as he was barely taller than Wilder. 

Carrying that weight won't help him in a 15 round bout, it may help him in the clinches but like I said Ali was as strong as an ox in the clinch. 

You also have to remember he was adaptable and at his prime he wouldn't be caught up in the clinch, he'd just use his superior footspeed to get in and out. 

Edited by Greb147
  • Like 1
On 13/07/2020 at 19:20, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

To put into perspective , Aaron Donald , the defensive tackle of the L A Rams runs 40 yards in 4.6 secs , lifts 220 lbs 35 times consecutively and weighs 130 kilos . 

the man is basically a f***ing rhino 

you can’t get that with just training , Nutrition or enhancements 

it has to be in you to be ignited 

spot on  mate, deff in your DNA to start with . when i 1st started weight training/ karate  in the 80s , i watched (pumping iron ) thinking i be the next Arnie   lol   . dont get me wrong  , my strength  trebled  , and i put on weight   2 st , but i could never get any bigger , got bit more stronger , curling 55lb, benching 250lb  well over my body weight 13 st 7lb . the coach down there told me that what i achieved  was very good, and i worked hard and eat  plenty good food , and protein drinks , but he said my DNA  would never match the likes of the top b/b  blokes, he said they had the natural frame to work from, even if they never went to a gym or worked out.!

1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

Ali fought Terrell who was around 6"6' and toyed with him, Fury is not his billed height as I was barely taller than Wilder. 

Carrying that weight won't help him in a 15 round bout, it may help him in the clinches but like I said Ali was as strong as an ox in the clinch. 

You also have to remember he was adaptable and at his prime he wouldn't be caught up in the clinch, he'd just use his superior footspeed to get in and out. 

Thats interesting,didnt know bout the fury height thing,i think most top level fighters on the sauce,it would interesting to see ali in todays climate with highly advanced sauce,stuff like cardarine,what jarrel miller popped for,that hulk of a man deffo has pace and endurance for the size of him.

• Like 1