• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Say no more

Ali after beating sonny liston at 22 yrs old in 1964 (56 years ago)    If people are still talking about him as the greatest nearly 6 decades later, I think it’s fair to say it’s b

You see Greb ,it is possible to make a nonsensical , unbelievably daft post ,about a subject you have no personal experience of without insulting people look an learn ,be nice.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Astanley said:

I have  learned that it's pointless having a discussion about Fury with a Fury fan as opposed to a boxing fan ,and yet there are people who I respect who rate him .....for me I will NEVER go along with this nonsense that he "moves well " he dosnt . Prancing about out of instance is not good footwork ,it's not even footwork ,it's just prancing ,over the years his other attributes have gone from fkn abysmal to ordinary ,if he wasn't 9 ft tall he would be lucky to fight for a British title .

But then on the other hand Stan if he wasn't so big and gangly he wouldn't look so cumbersome. You have to take the fighter for what he is and his physical attributes must be taken in to account. 

Of course him being so big and tall is a big part of his success but it still counts at the end of the day. 

Edited by Greb147
  • Like 2
24 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Everyone knows why people don’t like fury and it’s cause he’s a traveller . 

Thats the actual crux of it. 

Why pretend different? 

Nothing to do with that; it's because he's a clown. He's not a traveller either, he lives in a house 

37 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Why pretend different? 

Wrong again. I have no problem with him being a traveller. Makes absolutely no difference whatsoever as to my opinion of him as a boxer.

He really just isn't that good, simple as that.

And my earlier reply to you as to fury's ability, I didn't say he's been pinged 'occasionally'. I said he's been hit and dropped 'more than just occasionally'.

Don't do a max on me and twist my words, just to try and make a point, which incidentally, failed

2 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Wrong again. I have no problem with him being a traveller. Makes absolutely no difference whatsoever as to my opinion of him as a boxer.

He really just isn't that good, simple as that.

And my earlier reply to you as to fury's ability, I didn't say he's been pinged 'occasionally'. I said he's been hit and dropped 'more than just occasionally'.

Don't do a max on me and twist my words, just to try and make a point, which incidentally, failed

Well it did as you said more than occasionally. Which insinuates it’s a regular thing , which it isn’t. 

Its exactly that . 

An occasional thing .

14 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Well it did as you said more than occasionally. Which insinuates it’s a regular thing , which it isn’t. 

Its exactly that . 

An occasional thing .

Ok, seems like you have all the answers lol ?

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Why pretend different? 

I don't dislike him ,I just think he's crap ,I also think AJ and Wilder are crap  too ,does that make me racist ?

• Like 5

The point I'm trying to make is ...if the middleweight limit for some reason  was stretched to 14 stone ,then some run  of the mill cruiserweight today would be capable of beating any middleweight in history ,....would that make him the best middleweight ever ?.....heavyweights are so much bigger nowadays but that doesn't make them the best ....and yes I know there were giants in the past ,but they were few and far between ,so rare that most on here could name them ...I personally don't give a rats ass about Fury Wilder AJ ,they are all crap in comparison to some of the fighters of the past .

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, Astanley said:

The point I'm trying to make is ...if the middleweight limit for some reason  was stretched to 14 stone ,then some run  of the mill cruiserweight today would be capable of beating any middleweight in history ,....would that make him the best middleweight ever ?.....heavyweights are so much bigger nowadays but that doesn't make them the best ....and yes I know there were giants in the past ,but they were few and far between ,so rare that most on here could name them ...I personally don't give a rats ass about Fury Wilder AJ ,they are all crap in comparison to some of the fighters of the past .

I just believe if you're good enough you're big enough. If the right fighter comes a long he will compete with the big boys, Povetkin isn't a big HW and he didn't do too bad. 

If anything they have it easier nowadays because at least they have a division in between LHW and HW. 

Yes there are more big fighters at the top but I think that's because their ability has got better over they years. 

Just watch Primo Carnera, Fury is way more skilled that the pawing oaf.

18 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

It’s just that you ask daft questions to be honest  

I don't recall really asking you anything about fury. Just stated a few facts about his, wilder's and joshua's past opponents, and gave my opinion about fury as a boxer, that's all. 

Certainly not going to lose sleep over it ?

4 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I just believe if you're good enough you're big enough. If the right fighter comes a long he will compete with the big boys, Povetkin isn't a big HW and he didn't do too bad. 

If anything they have it easier nowadays because at least they have a division in between LHW and HW. 

Yes there are more big fighters at the top but I think that's because their ability has got better over they years. 

Just watch Primo Carnera, Fury is way more skilled that the pawing oaf.

You can't really compare them though mate. Carnera was a part time wrestler/circus strongman

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
Just now, shaaark said:

You can't really compare them though mate. Carnera was a part time wrestler/circus strongman

That's my point, he just wasn't as skilled as Fury. 

Although physical attributes are part of the arsenal size alone won't make you champion of the world. 

• Like 1