Looking to find bull x deer grey or deer Wheaton grey

Just now, Shadow100 said:

Can see you getting some interesting replies to this one ?

Ill get the usual bull drivel,the best bull x owners would piss all over the majority of chancers that own the breed now,they despise them more than me.The very best bull x owners recognised the fact that they produced an animal suited to their hunting lifestyle and little else could match what that cross offered,it offered little to the majority of lurcher owners and as they wanted little that the majority of lurcher owners sought they hunted accordingly.The feckwits that jumped on the bandwagon,had little idea how to work them,knew more about selling them,fecked the credibility of the cross and are now the breed experts.The vast majority of Bull bred lurchers are bred and owned by chancers,the decent uns are as rare as hens teeth,as are the owners.

• Like 3

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Deerhound sire, first cross wheatan greyhound dam; About 12 month old in the pic, belonged to a pal of mine. Cheers.  

Could u run that by me again

My lads big Deerhoundy is going over his wheaten lurcher this time around,the Deehoundy as been asked to cover several Bull bred lurcher bitches and ive advised against it,the amount of times Bull bre

Posted Images

1 minute ago, morton said:

Ill get the usual bull drivel,the best bull x owners would piss all over the majority of chancers that own the breed now,they despise them more than me.The very best bull x owners recognised the fact that they produced an animal suited to their hunting lifestyle and little else could match what that cross offered,it offered little to the majority of lurcher owners and as they wanted little that the majority of lurcher owners sought they hunted accordingly.The feckwits that jumped on the bandwagon,had little idea how to work them,knew more about selling them,fecked the credibility of the cross and are now the breed experts.The vast majority of Bull bred lurchers are bred and owned by chancers,the decent uns are as rare as hens teeth,as are the owners.

Think it’s the same with all crosses. You get a minority that know the breeds capabilities & get the best from them. The kennel blind ones that think they’re the ultimate machine. The clueless ones that just ruin whatever they touch. And the money men that do more breeding and selling than they do running.

If we’re honest all breeds & lines have their pros and cons, there is no ultimate lurcher, just different dogs to suit different men.

Nothing worse than kennel blindness it’s an illness that so many dog men suffer from

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
53 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

Think it’s the same with all crosses. You get a minority that know the breeds capabilities & get the best from them. The kennel blind ones that think they’re the ultimate machine. The clueless ones that just ruin whatever they touch. And the money men that do more breeding and selling than they do running.

If we’re honest all breeds & lines have their pros and cons, there is no ultimate lurcher, just different dogs to suit different men.

Nothing worse than kennel blindness it’s an illness that so many dog men suffer from

I was once kennel blind,then i saw the light,the salvation of the lurcher,nirvana in one litter and what that litter offered,Deerhoundy/Collie,amen.

Edited by morton
1 hour ago, Shadow100 said:

The man you're conversing with is the most kennel blind person ever to grace the pages of THL. ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, morton said:

The best bull x I seen was 90s early 2000 me pal had he was 28 TTS looked like a big grey but with bull black coat and bull looking head 3/4 grey it could bend hares for fun for a couple a min early season right land it stop them lol 

fast dog good mouth Decent stamina loved fox deer not just on lamp neither he was a good honest dog i see if I get some pics 

• Like 3
19 hours ago, scottish hare hunter said:

Young dogs are bang on Doing great. Impressing me all the time now.   .   Gifted my big dog to help a lad out up north who was left no lurcher.  And the sire is getting old and battered looking.  On the hunt for a youngster 

Best of luck. Keep the updates coming. Like the look of them dogs and the ground you hunt ?

13 hours ago, mC HULL said:

The best bull x I seen was 90s early 2000 me pal had he was 28 TTS looked like a big grey but with bull black coat and bull looking head 3/4 grey it could bend hares for fun for a couple a min early season right land it stop them lol 

fast dog good mouth Decent stamina loved fox deer not just on lamp neither he was a good honest dog i see if I get some pics 

What was the dogs name if you don’t mind me asking mate atb longers01