Would love to help mate as I’m in Essex but let me tell you getting housing down this way is a nightmare,don’t know anyone this way who has been housed that didn’t play the game of landlords evicting us etc etc.I paid rent on a council house with Basildon for seven years and when me and the ex split the Council said eight years minimum to find myself in a shit flat in shitsville street!Despite my whining about being close to my daughter.I rent privately now and the private rent in Essex is through the roof but at least we get to choose where we are.As regards Colchester,I know it’s a little cheaper that way in Essex.The good news is my ex father in law was in a similar situation as you are mate,he had a stroke and couldn’t cover his rent so was being evicted,he was band E and it seemed pretty feckin pointless to be jumping through all the hoops they throw up,but almost overnight he went to 8 in the que.Took about a month all in and they first put him in warden control flat,was there for twelve months then gave him his own flat with garden,happy man now,eat with him most nights as he’s over the road.Was a struggle for him initially, I know through his experience that the stroke left an otherwise solid man feeling pretty vulnerable which was totally alien to him but he’s got back to his old self now.Hang in there mate,and take the advice to laddle it on thick,you paid in,let them do there job,which is first and foremost to house vulnerable people,they get paid well to do it!

atb JMc

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Massive positive here Keirh, you've reached out to your daughter and she has accepted that and you are now forming a new relationship, that is a brilliant turn of events in what has been a very bad ye

Nothing to do with man up mate, take my advice, play the game and they will sort you. If your daughter is down there the best way would be to move in with her and the two of you say you had to be

Would love to help mate as I’m in Essex but let me tell you getting housing down this way is a nightmare,don’t know anyone this way who has been housed that didn’t play the game of landlords evicting

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

This is how much of a saddo ive become, from one happy go lucky chappy, independent loved life to a certain point, would rather do folks a good turn than a baddun, to the miserable had enough bloke I am today, heres my sad bit, ever since I got in touch with my daughter, this mobile never leaves my hands except when I go bathroom, this morning I used the bathroom, and when I came downstairs, I looked for my moby, my daughter, I panicked looked every where for her, then remembered where id left it,  how sad is that, I will write just how I feel from now on I don't care any more

Your depressed pal, understandably so. no one will judge if a bunch of hairy arsed horrible c**ts on the internet can see it then so will someone from the council. Just be honest with them contact your local mp and tell them you've a big hole in the garden and if you don't get some help you'll soon be in it, keep mithering gnasher do what you can. If you can't get down there then find yourself some company there will be loads of people in same boat as you especially at this time just don't give up like you said you've fought to keep going upto now so don't give up mentally or the body will soon follow suit.

heres summat else like ive said your never the same after a stroke, the effect its had on me is my memory, so while I think on listen to this, I don't no how this come about but when I was in hospital my wife was up the morgue I wasn't aware of this until  macmillan  informed me that I need to carry on and that they would assist me, accompany me to the funeral   I have to live with the fact I let the lady my wife down

u havent let any one down mate,its circumtances out of your control,not saying its been easy to deal with,it plays on your mind,the worst thing is the nightmares,sounds fukin stupid,but then things can ruin ya.if you need help with caravan,towing,collection etc im about a 90 mins from colchester,can help if i can.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

u havent let any one down mate,its circumtances out of your control,not saying its been easy to deal with,it plays on your mind,the worst thing is the nightmares,sounds fukin stupid,but then things can ruin ya.if you need help with caravan,towing,collection etc im about a 90 mins from colchester,can help if i can.

thank you

Massive positive here Keirh, you've reached out to your daughter and she has accepted that and you are now forming a new relationship, that is a brilliant turn of events in what has been a very bad year for you...

I know you are in a rush now, I get it, but i must admit i agree with a few lads on here who have suggested a few trips down to see your daughter and start forming the relationship, restrictions are being lifted on public transport, the mega bus thing is cheap.as chips and youd be there in a few hours..a week or long weekend and start to form.a plan to move permanently in process... also play every card you can,why wouldn't you, Wilf is right if you haven't got the money to move straight off you have to play the system...I'd guess it goes against the grain, and most of us feel the same, but by f**k you deserve some happiness in your older years mate....

Also Don is right, we are a little community on here, we raise money every year for different causes, whether that is charities or to help fellow country lads down on their luck, its not a showy thing it is a community thing..something a lot of folk bang on about is missing in this country, I'm sure if a proper plan was in place folk would be more than happy to help mate...

Keep your chin up, you've made a massive step just reaching out to your daughter...only good from here regardless mate..

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 13

I don't see how Keith being honest about how he feels and what not having any family around is doing to him and that he IS vulnerable to the people whose jobs it is to help exactly people in his position is in any way "playing" the system it's exactly what the systems there for isn't it or am I missing something. Would any of those saying it tell the paramedics "no mate I don't play the system leave me here" if there lieing in the road dieing after an rta or would you be off to the hospital sharpish to get sorted out by the people whose job it is to sort you out.i don't get it.

3 hours ago, iworkwhippets said:

This is how much of a saddo ive become, from one happy go lucky chappy, independent loved life to a certain point, would rather do folks a good turn than a baddun, to the miserable had enough bloke I am today, heres my sad bit, ever since I got in touch with my daughter, this mobile never leaves my hands except when I go bathroom, this morning I used the bathroom, and when I came downstairs, I looked for my moby, my daughter, I panicked looked every where for her, then remembered where id left it,  how sad is that, I will write just how I feel from now on I don't care any more

Just remember your not the only one going through a tough time mate? 

Keep trying to be positive and hopefull best you can if you can because I think once you've lost that you have nothing, good luck.

edited to add one big positive I can see for you is that you already have a 2 bedroom house safe n secure that they won't try and evict you from so atleast you won't have to become homeless, second thing is im guessing that your daughter lives no more than two hours drive away from your current adress that you can visit when ever you want to a degree, two huge positives there for you please try and realise that and understand that your circumstances could be a whole lot worse for you I hope you take this in a positive way because it's the 100% truth, be positive be strong and make the most of your situation try to take the positives from rather than the negatives.

Edited by dodger
1 hour ago, JDHUNTING said:

I don't see how Keith being honest about how he feels and what not having any family around is doing to him and that he IS vulnerable to the people whose jobs it is to help exactly people in his position is in any way "playing" the system it's exactly what the systems there for isn't it or am I missing something. Would any of those saying it tell the paramedics "no mate I don't play the system leave me here" if there lieing in the road dieing after an rta or would you be off to the hospital sharpish to get sorted out by the people whose job it is to sort you out.i don't get it.

I'd say playing the system in.laying it on a thick.as possible.... to have a chance of getting housing in another town quickly you need to "play the system", you cant just say I want to live by my daughter and voila they put you in housing the next day...

As you say Keith needs to be absolutely honest about how he feels in fact he needs to play it even more so.... you are quite right that is why the system.is there, but judging on the comments on the huge waiting list for social housing in this area unless you "play the system" you'll have a long wait...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

I'd say playing the system in.laying it on a thick.as possible.... to have a chance of getting housing in another town quickly you need to "play the system", you cant just say I want to live by my daughter and voila they put you in housing the next day...

As you say Keith needs to be absolutely honest about how he feels in fact he needs to play it even more so.... you are quite right that is why the system.is there, but judging on the comments on the huge waiting list for social housing in this area unless you "play the system" you'll have a long wait...

Fair enough I understand that but unless he's playing us (and I doubt that)he don't need to play the system just tell em what he's told us.

Keith if you want some help with dealing with "the man" pm I'll help were i can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, dodger said:

Keep trying to be positive and hopefull best you can if you can because I think once you've lost that you have nothing, good luck.

edited to add one big positive I can see for you is that you already have a 2 bedroom house safe n secure that they won't try and evict you from so atleast you won't have to become homeless, second thing is im guessing that your daughter lives no more than two hours drive away from your current adress that you can visit when ever you want to a degree, two huge positives there for you please try and realise that and understand that your circumstances could be a whole lot worse for you I hope you take this in a positive way because it's the 100% truth, be positive be strong and make the most of your situation try to take the positives from rather than the negatives.

Think Keith is more than two hours away dodger....I'm sure he lives Macclesfield way...his daughter he said is down Essex 

10 hours ago, dodger said:

been trying to think positive since last September my friend,    my housing association have no intententions of eveicting me, as for driving 2 hrs , a couple of weeks ago, a neighbour called out the paramedics cos I couldn't keep on my feet, they told me if it wasn't for this virus they would admit me to hospital I have been diagnosed with conductive ear loss last march and its making me unstable on my feet, my daughter rang the doctor couple of days ago asking what was going on, he gave my daughter a phone number to ring, and also he would chase it up, im struggling,   simple as that