Your helpful bank

Due to the virus I had to shut my workshop down at the end of March and have not worked since, despite all these great schemes being advertised I was told I’m worth less than £300 a month in benefits to live on, I am relatively debt free and own everything I have outright with nothing owing on anything, I thought no problem tighten the belt buckle a bit and ride the storm which I have done without any problem, but amazingly and I’m still reeling from this I received a letter from my bank yesterday saying that as I have not used my bank account for several months that I have 27 days to start using it or they are going to close me down, I,ve been with the same bank for over 30years and am about to go into full out attack as I,m fecking raging, so has anyone else experienced anything like this if so how did you react and if not how would you react ??

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Due to the virus I had to shut my workshop down at the end of March and have not worked since, despite all these great schemes being advertised I was told I’m worth less than £300 a month in benefits to live on, I am relatively debt free and own everything I have outright with nothing owing on anything, I thought no problem tighten the belt buckle a bit and ride the storm which I have done without any problem, but amazingly and I’m still reeling from this I received a letter from my bank yesterday saying that as I have not used my bank account for several months that I have 27 days to start using it or they are going to close me down, I,ve been with the same bank for over 30years and am about to go into full out attack as I,m fecking raging, so has anyone else experienced anything like this if so how did you react and if not how would you react ??

I don't know what's the problem but small businesses are entitled to the 10k grant if they have been affected by Covid-19. 

54 minutes ago, Greyman said:

They are all tossers mate, don’t let it wind you up.

As has been said, just fired a token transaction in there or f**k them off and use someone else......which is a massive pain in the arse nowadays.

Banks have been total shite since they did away with local bank managers, especially for business.

• Like 3

I've had several letters and emails and texts from both our banks (HSBC and Halifax) about the impact of Corvid 19, never read em, just trashed them. No danger of my back accounts have no activity unfortunately, plenty of withdrawals ?

Cheers, D.

2 hours ago, Greyman said:

iam in the same boat as you grey man work for myself but iv two mortgages govt reckons iam worth 95 quid a week....well they can stick it up there arses no wonder people live of the fat of the land there a f***ing disgrace this government.. i read on here tories this tories that there all a shower a shite...id be f****d if my mrs wassnt still in work...and that dont feel good.....

• Sad 1

When I was with the ex she changed from Natwest to Halifax and tbh it took a fortnight and they did everything, even gave her £70 to change over. 

I'm with santander never had problem, only gripe is they shut 2 branches I used the most so now have 20 miles to nearest branch of I wanted to pay cash in etc. 

2 hours ago, Greb147 said:

I don't know what's the problem but small businesses are entitled to the 10k grant if they have been affected by Covid-19. 

Have heard all that shit until you get to the small print, then it’s sorry but because you have this or done that you don’t quite meet the criteria, have you or anyone else personally had 10k given to them, I don’t want or expect much never have so no disappointment there, but to be told you have not used your account so we will shut you down is a absolute joke even if it’s an automated letter then turn the f***ing machine off as this could really destroy someone if they were suffering from real hardships, ✌️✌️✌️

3 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Have heard all that shit until you get to the small print, then it’s sorry but because you have this or done that you don’t quite meet the criteria, have you or anyone else personally had 10k given to them, I don’t want or expect much never have so no disappointment there, but to be told you have not used your account so we will shut you down is a absolute joke even if it’s an automated letter then turn the f***ing machine off as this could really destroy someone if they were suffering from real hardships, ✌️✌️✌️

Yeah a few people with their own business have had the 10k payout and my brother has had the 7.5k grant. I don't know the criteria for a business but it was quite simple for my brother, think he just needed 3 years worth proof of paying his stamp. 

Edited by Greb147
14 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Yeah a few people with their own business have had the 10k payout and my brother has had the 7.5k grant. I don't know the criteria for a business but it was quite simple for my brother, think he just needed 3 years worth proof of paying his stamp. 

Got nearly 40 years of self employment stamps but because I had a break then started a new company I don’t qualify not that I am asking for anything but for my own bank to come out with that shit  after the tens of thousands they have earned off me over the years is a disgrace and if they ever pick up the phone they are about to find out just how pissed off I am ✌️

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Balaur said:

That's for self employed...

Yeah I don't know about business owners but if his business has been affected which it clearly has then I'm sure he should be entitled to the grant?