Sea to barbie

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick trip this morning for a few mackerel, weren't loads about but had 14 in a couple of hours, enough for on the bbq and a few for my parents... Another cracking day...this weather is unreal.. 

Yes. I sold the kayak before we moved. It would have been useful out here as there aren't the same regulations on navigation on lakes and rivers. I now have a small boat and electric motor. I sti

Brilliant! Those old Ugly Sticks make cracking kayak rods don't they? No worries about splinters if a big bass decides to head under the boat. ? I wish that I hadn't sold mine. It would have

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Arry said:

Nice one Kev just cant beat fresh Mackerel on the BBQ. Nice that East wind has dropped away.

Cheers Arry

It was lumpy out there today mate...only rolling swell.. but enough to keep you on your toes.

Too right on the mackerel...so nice!!

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Gurnard are one of my fave eating fish mate...had a small one this morning...

Most coarse fish arent for me personally...even mullet that have been up.the river too.long arent good... but great from the sea..

Smoked fresh water eel on the other hand is food from the gods!! Lol

Never had eel but ye I can imagine it is, I'm gonna have to try more course fish with the lake District on my doorstep and the nearest sea the colour of tea? the Aussies rate perch as one of the finest you can eat I think and they know a thing or two bout eating fish. That said I do like our tradition of putting course fish back our rivers and lakes are lifting compared to most places due to it.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Astanley said:

Looks brilliant that mate ?

I typed that before you put the kayak up .I meant the fish and Barbie ,,,,I would want something more substantial under my fat old arse than that little plastic thing mate .

??... that's a fair size kayak.mate...much more and you'll be paddling a dinghy!! Lol

11 hours ago, dodger said:

I know we don't have much to worry about in way of sharks over here but do you guys ever bump into any decent size ones while your out at sea..

Great whites are spotted in Cornwall

• Like 1
13 hours ago, dodger said:

I know we don't have much to worry about in way of sharks over here but do you guys ever bump into any decent size ones while your out at sea..

I've caught blue sharks out of Plymouth and seen a few basking sharks around this coast... 

Lots of dolphins, porpoise and once saw a whale early morning off of Beer head... hundreds of tuna breaking surface as well.... but never seen anything to.make you concerned about being on the water...infact everything you see makes you want to be out there more...

• Like 2
20 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Around a mile or so mate, incoming tide so drifting towards shore the whole time, probably done a good 30 minutes paddle once out of the estuary that'll be a mile or so, then drift for 20 minutes and paddle out again...standard shit..lol

I've watched a good few of this lads vids kev.hes in your neck of the woods.

My interest was sparked when I seen you posting pics about 2yrs ago on here.

This video is very informative about using an anchor on a kayak.

He is using a fish finder and gps also he's got some good vids on his channel.

The trolley system seems very clever to anchor the boat at the back or front.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, NEWKID said:

I've caught blue sharks out of Plymouth and seen a few basking sharks around this coast... 

Lots of dolphins, porpoise and once saw a whale early morning off of Beer head... hundreds of tuna breaking surface as well.... but never seen anything to.make you concerned about being on the water...infact everything you see makes you want to be out there more...

I really enjoy kayaking as well as the sea when I get chance but I wouldn't wanna find myself in sorta situation especially if there was no boat to swim to lol

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, dodger said:

I really enjoy kayaking as well as the sea when I get chance but I wouldn't wanna find myself in sorta situation especially if there was no boat to swim to lol

He he!Jesus my ass would be making buttons!

• Like 1
On 30/05/2020 at 16:59, NEWKID said:

Quick trip this morning for a few mackerel, weren't loads about but had 14 in a couple of hours, enough for on the bbq and a few for my parents...

Another cracking day...this weather is unreal.. 

20200530_105646.jpg

20200530_105652.jpg

20200530_121036.jpg

IMG-20200530-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20200530-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20200530-WA0004.jpg

20200530_155047.jpg

You've done it again that's me hungry all day ffs looks good that kev

• Haha 3