Pure beeds where would you be without them ?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

I think the greyhound and saluki are the oldest breeds and I’d hazard a guess that they are a mix of the 2 

Recent progress in genetics have upturned our understanding of the English greyhound  and the other sighthounds. The English Greyhound has a collie as an ancestor, the saluki like the galgo and sloughi is an ancient breed which means it has no other breed as an ancestor it came from the proto dog/wolf directly. The English greyhound likely came about after the roman legions introduced the Hare to Britain,  being in the main part Spanish legions they would have known  both hares and Galgos from their homeland. They brought the brown hare and likely  a few galgos, the locals saw the game and evolved their collie types to become the fastest dog to have ever run or perhaps brought dogs from  across the channel hence the close relationship with the  MagyarAgar. 

Edited by sandymere
9 hours ago, sandymere said:

So Faruq de la tata won the national, then his daughter won the national and now his granddaughter has won the national ? when u consider he died at 3 in a coursing accident so sired relatively few litters...

GALGOESPANOL.BREEDARCHIVE.COM

Chapapote de Chapapote x Lista de la Romera, Spain 2014

You fancying a pup from the line sandy

11 hours ago, sandymere said:

Indeed. 

What region in price do these pups cost sandy? Are they huge money?I'm wondering the ones with more successful parents,...I'd expect their quiet pricey.

HOWS THAT BLACKEY LOL

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

Are they better at coursing than the saluki saturated coursing dogs in the UK, if not there's no reason for them to be here except for the egos of the " I want something different brigade "

They don't run off apparently 

• Haha 2