Back up at the shoot

1 minute ago, sparky the hunter said:

Well guys out feeding today, so muddy i had to leave the trailer at the farm.  This is where we usually have our elevenses,  on the flipside a good shoot yesterday 103 in the bag.

IMG_20201206_130336.jpg

Good bag , that spot looks nice for the duck.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had to make a start on the bucks too .    

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared.

Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon.

My own contribution was 6 duck, 14 pheasants and 1 partridge.

I used my AYA yeoman 12 bore and was accompanied by my black lab for the morning.

Then at dinner i changed to my highlander 20 bore and had my young yellow lab with me, who proved to be steady with birds dropping all around her.

DSC00108.JPG

• Like 12

Had a look out for some rabbits last night in the cold and wet , this ground is up near the fells and absolutely waterlogged. I have only lamped this ground once so was surprised at how skittish the rabbits were , maybe the keeper has been at them 🤔 I squelched about and chipped away at the ones that sat a bit too long , testing shooting with the wind blowing me about on my sticks. Once my bag was full I headed back to the car to drop them off and proceeded to slip and land flat on my back in a load of mud.The rifle scope and torch were covered in shit . As I lay on my back covered in mud I questioned my sanity being out on a December night up in the hills on my own freezing and wet humping a heavy bag of rabbits about 🤪 For some unknown reason I love it 🐇🐇🐇🐇 Ended up with 28 ......

20201207_232659.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Had a look out for some rabbits last night in the cold and wet , this ground is up near the fells and absolutely waterlogged. I have only lamped this ground once so was surprised at how skittish the rabbits were , maybe the keeper has been at them 🤔 I squelched about and chipped away at the ones that sat a bit too long , testing shooting with the wind blowing me about on my sticks. Once my bag was full I headed back to the car to drop them off and proceeded to slip and land flat on my back in a load of mud.The rifle scope and torch were covered in shit . As I lay on my back covered in mud I questioned my sanity being out on a December night up in the hills on my own freezing and wet humping a heavy bag of rabbits about 🤪 For some unknown reason I love it 🐇🐇🐇🐇 Ended up with 28 ......

20201207_232659.jpg

It's good for you. Keeps you fit and focused. 

Ok mud and cold try to leave out. Bad combo👎

1 hour ago, Stavross said:

New bit of shooting ( sort of ) it’s my mates farm and he’s got a few foxes milling around so he’s asked if I’ll have a go at them and I get to shoot from the top of the grain dryer, exciting stuff 😁

E72D02E3-DA5B-4079-9845-5736BED5FC70.jpeg

586C9598-1D4F-4341-9639-CC4A9B6CF910.jpeg

It'll be nice up there in a freezing north easterly! Can you build a little  hut up there?

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I had a climb up earlier and it’s a bit wild, you can feel the gantry moving, I’ll probably get sea sick🤢 I’ll probably give it a go at the weekend, I have to dig my thermals out 👍

Not much wind Saturday night so you will be ok. Still get wrapped up though , not nice getting cold.

8 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I had a climb up earlier and it’s a bit wild, you can feel the gantry moving, I’ll probably get sea sick🤢 I’ll probably give it a go at the weekend, I have to dig my thermals out 👍

Get your long johns on Stavross, you’ll be fine😉

66C039F0-8C0D-4829-A6C8-365687B49973.jpeg

• Haha 2