Back up at the shoot

Well no fox but we did get to show the little fella two fine looking roe doe’s and a hare that he was amazed by but couldn’t quite grasp that it wasn’t a massive rabbit, he started to flag a bit by half 10 so we headed home, now he has a new adventure to tell his vegan teacher ?

A91A7744-03D1-41A5-A65B-1C09F049601A.jpeg

0F071F69-F372-45E4-BC56-3781616DFAEB.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

11 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Getting a few there mate .

Aye mate getting more into rabbit shooting again as not many foxes to go at. Must say thoroughly enjoying this summer evening rabbit stalking,  very enjoyable ? Keeps the dog fed too ?

Just looking at the wheat fields on the estate and they are about 3 weeks off they reckon. I was talking to the farmer and they have harvested the rape and the yield was down from 300 tons to 100 tons and he thinks it will be the same for wheat . £170 a ton for feed wheat this year . Stavross, the money you have saved on poults will be going on feed I reckon . What’s the saying “in one hand , out tother”.
       Look at this picture I took of a field on the estate, look how sparse the ears of wheat are compared to how they normally are . Not good .

336E698A-8898-4A0C-80D6-EA3A3DB4E83B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
8 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Just looking at the wheat fields on the estate and they are about 3 weeks off they reckon. I was talking to the farmer and they have harvested the rape and the yield was down from 300 tons to 100 tons and he thinks it will be the same for wheat . £170 a ton for feed wheat this year . Stavross, the money you have saved on poults will be going on feed I reckon . What’s the saying “in one hand , out tother”.
       Look at this picture I took of a field on the estate, look how sparse the ears of wheat are compared to how they normally are . Not good .

336E698A-8898-4A0C-80D6-EA3A3DB4E83B.jpeg

Drove through a bit of your county yesterday on way to stow, said to my lass look how short the crops are... it’s been a bad year up my way too:(

lovely part to the country?

• Like 1

All the oilseed rape is off around here now and talking to my mates brother who owns the land, he said they have had a very good yield this year, he said the wheat will be off in a week or so, some good, some not so good due to the amount of rain we had just after it was drilled, he ploughed in a couple of fields and redrilled in the spring so they will be a bit low, I get my feed wheat from him and if he puts it up to £170 a ton I won’t be shooting rabbits for him I’ll be live trapping them an releasing them on his land, I wasn’t happy two years ago when he put it up from £100 to £120

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Stavross said:

All the oilseed rape is off around here now and talking to my mates brother who owns the land, he said they have had a very good yield this year, he said the wheat will be off in a week or so, some good, some not so good due to the amount of rain we had just after it was drilled, he ploughed in a couple of fields and redrilled in the spring so they will be a bit low, I get my feed wheat from him and if he puts it up to £170 a ton I won’t be shooting rabbits for him I’ll be live trapping them an releasing them on his land, I wasn’t happy two years ago when he put it up from £100 to £120

The thing is wheat is a commodity and the price tends to be dictated by the stock market. I know the price the shoot pays is dictated that way . Good luck ?

1 hour ago, Stavross said:

They will be upping the price to cover the cost of the aid package to Beirut after their massive grain store went with a bang

If that happened in the UK I bet there wouldnt be any foreign aid to help us. Why do we always have to help and cost us millions , money better spent at home. 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

If that happened in the UK I bet there wouldnt be any foreign aid to help us. Why do we always have to help and cost us millions , money better spent at home. 

Don’t start me off . I’ve just watched Nigel Farage  investigates . Exposing the illegal immigrants being put up in hotels and shown around Anfield . This country is properly F@cked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

Don’t start me off . I’ve just watched Nigel Farage  investigates . Exposing the illegal immigrants being put up in hotels and shown around Anfield . This country is properly F@cked. 

Yep I watched that too , absolute disgrace. Nigel should be PM and hopefully get some of this ridiculous rubbish sorted. Dont suppose if I jumped in a dinghy and landed in Syria I would get the same treatment somehow ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I went back to where I took little Hugo last night, mainly to check if the bait we left had gone and partly to get out the house for a bit, I took the .17 with me to put another couple of rabbits out, I had a good walk around checking the rabbit population and for any foxy evidence, not seeing many rabbits I shot 3 all well over 100 yards and headed off to bait up again, when I got to where I’d baited last night the rabbit was still there but was joined by what looked like a badger turd, a little bit odd that it never took the rabbit, walking back to the car I spotted some eyes with the lamp well over 180 yards away, I tried for a good 10 minutes with the mouth caller but it was not interested at all and with the wind blowing behind me there was no way I could get any closer so called it a night, I think I’ll put the trail cam down there and bait one spot, that always seems to work there

591492D5-E4BC-48B6-8B63-493D734D9907.jpeg

9D6EC53C-C07E-4032-B64E-7BDABC5CF501.jpeg

• Like 3

Went Foremark reservoir today and their carpark woods are riddled with badger sets and tons of pooh .

Opens 8 till 8 then gated shut so cull proof ,human proof nirvana for tb carrying wild dogs ☹?‍♂️?‍♂️.

What chance has the local hedgehog and ground nesting bird population got ?

Lot to answer for these vegatabilist "conservationist "iijets 

• Like 5