Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

They cut a field of wheat the day before yesterday. It’s part of the estate but it’s a little way above the shoot itself . The ground is well drained and it got planted last year , so harvest was at the normal time , unlike the rest of the estate which is late . I expected to see foxes on this field but all I saw was a herd of Fallow, about 15 animals. I don’t know what it’s like around other parts of the country, but the game dealers here are not taking venison at the moment. So if I do shoot some I am going to have to butcher if myself and give it away . 
            I also managed to get myself reported on the local police WhatsApp . I pulled into the field and had the caller going with my rifle on the bonnet. I saw this truck go slowly by the gate with the occupant looking at me , I thought “f@ck off , I’m trying to shoot “ . A little later on and my phone pings , I looked at it’s the rural crime WhatsApp and it’s my truck looking very suspicious with a really dodgy looking gypo type leaning against the bonnet . A guy I know sent the image in saying suspected poaching in progress , he was told to ring it in . I got straight on and said it’s me , take the photo off FFS? . Still it’s good to know that people are looking out for crime though .

• Like 2
Just now, Baldcoot said:

Double edged sword that S,l good he,s looking out .But bad to have your photo out for all to see.

It’s a rural crime stoppers WhatsApp, it’s only farmers , landowners and keepers on it . It’s off there now , but not before a few other keepers saw it . I’ve had a few piss taking texts and calls , as you can imagine . I shake my head .

• Haha 2
48 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

Double edged sword that S,l good he,s looking out .But bad to have your photo out for all to see.

Guilty until you prove yourself innocent today.

Unless your sitting on your arse watching TV every night your guilty and it's only a matter of time until your nabbed for somert!

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Guilty until you prove yourself innocent today.

Unless your sitting on your arse watching TV every night your guilty and it's only a matter of time until your nabbed for somert!

Let them nab away . I’ve got a clear conscience. I do everything by the book , I intend on keeping my ticket. If getting stopped or photographed is the price I’ve got to pay for a safer countryside  and relatively low crime rate I’m prepared to put up with it .

• Like 6
1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

Let them nab away . I’ve got a clear conscience. I do everything by the book , I intend on keeping my ticket. If getting stopped or photographed is the price I’ve got to pay for a safer countryside  and relatively low crime rate I’m prepared to put up with it .

I wish the police did something like this up my way... all I’ve got is the local wildlife hero that won’t venture out at night cos he’s scared he gets his arse kicked!

i was on for a shot the other night, light was fading and foxy had snuck in under the radar, was sat down havin a good scratch.. ducked down behind the truck as an other truck was coming up the lane and I didn’t want lighting up!

stood up to take the shot and hoodine has gone?

good job there was a hedge between me and the road cos I wasn’t to impressed.. few coppers doing there job would put pay to these w@nkers 

• Like 2