Back up at the shoot

1 hour ago, si brown said:

thought that photo was my mates session yesterday till I saw the bullet hole. 

nice work Ian :thumbs:

my mate who foxs exclusively with a shotgun sent me this yesterday morning at 4.30? this is why I dont go out with him in the summer months... I like my bed!

location is a pig farm with a small shoot attached to the land.. the vixen and cub were down with one shot at about 25 yard, they were walking towards each other and pulled the trigger when they were nose to nose

8aea9e85-e17e-4164-b72a-cd32fec757dc.jpg.e71eac88924712045c6d6da59307ddd7.jpg

the 3 cubs below were yesterday.. they must of been following but got broken up from the previous session above, me mate looked all over for more and turned a blank but went back yesterday on the off chance and they were living in an empty pheasant pen.. two barrels took the first two and the third came back fifteen mins later..

36d15069-aefb-4813-a30f-b31a4e5df55a.jpg.8712b3578df59f249a08336f9ead07ac.jpg

He is devoted to the job. And given a boost to the diversity of life there.

What kind of shotgun does he use?

• Like 2

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

7 hours ago, si brown said:

thought that photo was my mates session yesterday till I saw the bullet hole. 

nice work Ian :thumbs:

my mate who foxs exclusively with a shotgun sent me this yesterday morning at 4.30? this is why I dont go out with him in the summer months... I like my bed!

location is a pig farm with a small shoot attached to the land.. the vixen and cub were down with one shot at about 25 yard, they were walking towards each other and pulled the trigger when they were nose to nose

8aea9e85-e17e-4164-b72a-cd32fec757dc.jpg.e71eac88924712045c6d6da59307ddd7.jpg

the 3 cubs below were yesterday.. they must of been following but got broken up from the previous session above, me mate looked all over for more and turned a blank but went back yesterday on the off chance and they were living in an empty pheasant pen.. two barrels took the first two and the third came back fifteen mins later..

36d15069-aefb-4813-a30f-b31a4e5df55a.jpg.8712b3578df59f249a08336f9ead07ac.jpg

Loving the avatar Si, good to know it’s not just me that has a pal who phones at stupid o’clock. He phoned me at 4 o’clock in the morning to ask me if I’d been foxing and then at half past five to tell me he’d caught a magpie.....?

?twot 

• Haha 3
46 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Loving the avatar Si, good to know it’s not just me that has a pal who phones at stupid o’clock. He phoned me at 4 o’clock in the morning to ask me if I’d been foxing and then at half past five to tell me he’d caught a magpie.....?

?twot 

yeah I could quite happily force feed me mate bugs when he wakes me up at daft o'clock :chair:

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

They are spiders. A fox is orange and has a fluffy tail.

?

Not spiders....they are ermine moth caterpillars ?

Pi$$ing down so went home with nothing seen then gets a message on WhatsApp from my mate and he just shot a vixen.

• Like 1

Continuing on I spotted the foxy red coat of a deer in the next field with head down ....up came its head revealing a buck so the stalk was on? I stalked down the hedge , crossed through the hedge and was around 100 yards away. On the bipod I had to wait until he moved a few yards forward to reveal his shoulder and down he went .

Into the next field which was topped grass I placed out the caller 70 yds away and lay in the field. 3 minutes into cub call and a dog fox came flying in and sat down 50 yds short of the caller staring at it.

Now I was looking at 12 o clock and the fox was sat at 9 o clock so I had to shuffle around to get the shot , luckily he never spotted me ??

So within 20 minutes of being on the ground I had my double.....

20220606_211641.jpg

20220606_213503.jpg

20220606_214217.jpg

• Like 6