Back up at the shoot

I’ve just been to the farm to bag some wheat up, when I’d finished I pulled into the yard from the back shed where the farmer was stood talking to another farmer, not unusual you might think ? the other farmer had just got out of a brand new Lamborghini Urus, about 180k worth of car, in a ripped shirt and a pair of wellies and who said there’s no money in farming, I suppose it’s better than giving it to the tax man ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Stavross said:

farmer had just got out of a brand new Lamborghini Urus, about 180k worth of car, in a ripped shirt and a pair of wellies and who said there’s no money in farming,

Arable by any chance?? 

Me and Bert popped out for a couple of hours this morning to try and bag my first pheasant.  It was still too warm at 20c but Bert hunted and flushed a cock pheasant which was a left to right crosser which I folded nicely. Then I hunted a rough field and bagged a hen followed shortly afterwards by a flush of 3 hens managing  to take a right and left ? Bert flushed another lovely cock pheasant but this one was missed , so 4 out of 5 and away home. Far too warm for the dog still.

20211009_103515.jpg

20211009_104331.jpg

• Like 9
1 minute ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Me and Bert popped out for a couple of hours this morning to try and bag my first pheasant.  It was still too warm at 20c but Bert hunted and flushed a cock pheasant which was a left to right crosser which I folded nicely. Then I hunted a rough field and bagged a hen followed shortly afterwards by a flush of 3 hens managing  to take a right and left ? Bert flushed another lovely cock pheasant but this one was missed , so 4 out of 5 and away home. Far too warm for the dog still.

20211009_103515.jpg

20211009_104331.jpg

Good Bert ?

14 hours ago, Dervburner said:

Few more vermin and plenty about, also getting the odd mouse and a lot of rats in the fenns at the moment.

7AAE0ED5-CBE7-4F40-9D00-FDC5E86A36D1.jpeg

98DB1F89-5881-4474-B63F-CB065D170666.jpeg

A8D47E09-ED3C-4776-946A-8E327AFF81B3.jpeg

Seeing a hell of a lot of jays recently. 

Couple weeks back heard a commotion in back garden, magpies & a jay kicking off. Went outside & a squirrel had a another jay on floor both rolling about scrapping. 

1 hour ago, BenBhoy said:

Seeing a hell of a lot of jays recently. 

Couple weeks back heard a commotion in back garden, magpies & a jay kicking off. Went outside & a squirrel had a another jay on floor both rolling about scrapping. 

That was a rare sight Ben. 

I estimate I've shot over 300 squirrels since August. 

There are more jays this year roo.

• Like 2

Chris Packham: Fire attack on New Forest home 'will not sway me'

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

The broadcaster vows to continue campaigning after a suspected arson attack outside his home.

people need to stop doing this sh*t to this prick, all they are doing is giving him ammunition to use against the hunting and shooting community, he has no idea who did it but will point the finger at shooters/hunters/dog lads, anyone who doesn’t agree with his mental ideas and the bbc will give him a platform to spread these untruths 

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 4

Same as the last " attack " on chez  packham no cctv of the " culprits " .

As u say V,m another publicity stunt from the retard which will be blamed on the shooting community. 

Trouble is his muppet following will believe him .

46 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

Trouble is his muppet following will believe him

Trouble is, the media ( especially the BBC) give him a platform to spout his bullsh*t and because they don’t allow a counter argument from the other side, the uneducated lap it up, it’s never reported that sabs have smashed up game pen or traps or attacked members of the public because they believed they were involved in something they were against, yet some of these people are involved in organisations that packham is part of, there’s no evidence as to who did this, yet the media is happy for him to cast aspersions, it saddens me that the majority of people have lost any understanding of the countryside. Just last night me and FOXHUNTER were walking through part of my shoot and came across a woman just sat in the middle of one of my drives, she wasn’t happy to see the rifle and less happy to find out we were looking for fallow buck, after talking with her for a bit it became apparent that she was against shooting but had decided to sit in the middle of a pheasant drive, she was pleasant enough but just another example of someone who has become completely disconnected to where food should come from how it should be able to live it’s life

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Trouble is, the media ( especially the BBC) give him a platform to spout his bullsh*t and because they don’t allow a counter argument from the other side, the uneducated lap it up, it’s never reported that sabs have smashed up game pen or traps or attacked members of the public because they believed they were involved in something they were against, yet some of these people are involved in organisations that packham is part of, there’s no evidence as to who did this, yet the media is happy for him to cast aspersions, it saddens me that the majority of people have lost any understanding of the countryside. Just last night me and FOXHUNTER were walking through part of my shoot and came across a woman just sat in the middle of one of my drives, she wasn’t happy to see the rifle and less happy to find out we were looking for fallow buck, after talking with her for a bit it became apparent that she was against shooting but had decided to sit in the middle of a pheasant drive, she was pleasant enough but just another example of someone who has become completely disconnected to where food should come from how it should be able to live it’s life

The world is going mad and madder by the minute.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, villaman said:

Wanker probably did it himself to gain more publicity 

That wouldn’t surprise me. His last attempt at changing the general license was a complete failure so he’ll be desperate to find something else to kickstart his next anti shooting campaign crowd funding. His idiot followers will no doubt be feeling sorry for him.

• Like 1