Back up at the shoot

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had to make a start on the bucks too .    

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

8 hours ago, ianm said:

They are plastic for now but in the new year they will be biodegradable. 

However, as a committed "eco terrorist" i don't much care about that, i am looking at killing ability only. Not only do they kill well they are cheap! 😂

I can hear the ears pricking "in't north east" as we speak.😉

It is only thirty pound to have the bore opened up by a proper gunsmith in Sandbach. I sent Three sxs guns to be opened up ready for steel.

Hopkins?

10 hours ago, ianm said:

They are plastic for now but in the new year they will be biodegradable. 

However, as a committed "eco terrorist" i don't much care about that, i am looking at killing ability only. Not only do they kill well they are cheap! 😂

I can hear the ears pricking "in't north east" as we speak.😉

It is only thirty pound to have the bore opened up by a proper gunsmith in Sandbach. I sent Three sxs guns to be opened up ready for steel.

Thanks for that Ian, looks like I’ll get it done........when I have to😉👍

It’s my first day tomorrow, I can’t believe it’s come around this quick. 
        Pegs put out , vehicles clean . Strings cut . Boots polished , suit out of the dry cleaners. Horn polished ( go on Ben , make some innuendo) . 
            Hopefully the birds will be where I want them and they fly well . I’m sure the birds will be good , I just can’t account for the marksmanship of the team . I think there are a few guests out , so I’m not expecting great shooting. Wish me luck 🍀 

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Thanks mate . To me it’s too early, doesn’t seem right shooting pheasants on a sunny day . 👍

I was saying to the shoot captain today that unless we get some cold weather I’d happily cancel our first day ( 1st Saturday in November) and shoot every Saturday in January to get the days in, he said he’d leave it up to me, so we’ll see what the next 4 weeks bring

• Like 1