Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

Back to the shoot tonight and what was looking like a promising evening quickly turned into a waste of time, we gathered up a couple of hoppers for the traps from around the farm and after setting them we headed over the far side of the shoot for a call. A two mile walk taking the long way round to see what was about and fog started to come in, within 20 minutes you couldn’t see 20 meters in front of you so we had to call it a night, at least I got to stretch my legs

589C91FA-4E1B-41FD-8F82-AAF5510D9C4F.jpeg

CDA54326-5448-48E6-80AB-1CFA5D987050.jpeg

7261E202-BE4F-4F91-9908-6ED7B47DC5CB.jpeg

E5ED3A00-FB4E-4EDD-A0D4-F89AD66EB097.jpeg

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 3

That was me last night. Rain at 11, mist at 12 and arf 12 fog thicker than J. Corbyn esq .

Trouble was at 12 .30 i was about 2 miles from the car down hill at the bottom ??.

Still i saw 3 rabbits in 4 hours so not  a total waste. ?‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well I got a bit done, few repair posts and some holes in the bottom of the fence netting repaired before the fly’s got to much for me and I was thinking of my roast beef dinner, still plenty to do and only so much I can bodge so at some point the shoot members will have to put their hands in their pockets for some new posts and wire?

3F7A95DA-0518-4371-A201-D92AEE99D2FE.jpeg

1EB1DFC6-3AB8-442A-B5DD-622971A46E75.jpeg

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

If you take the bailer twine from my mates hill farm it would fall of the hill ??

Haha spot on!! I reckon I'd be stood in empty field's scratching my head without a pocketful of orange string! 

Drives my missus mad emptying my pockets before washing - string, knives, straw, ear tags, lumps of shìt, tear strips from feed bags. She wants to see the coats I don't wash!! ?

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Haha 5