Back up at the shoot

22 minutes ago, si brown said:

You need to get into them roe near your shoot stav, was on me way home early on this morning and one walked across the rd near wass turnin.. I wasn’t hangin about and she was in no rush to get out of the way???

Were you coming up from Sutton bank, my mate hit a fallow at the wass turning last year, it ran straight into the drives side front, the entrance to my shoot is half a mile past that turning, we’ve got some nice roe up there now and a big head of fallow, it’s just getting the time to have a go, I really should make the time, I could probably take people out and when they have shot a deer just say “now you deal with it I haven’t got time, I’m off home, drop my share off when you are sorted”?

• Like 1

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Were you coming up from Sutton bank, my mate hit a fallow at the wass turning last year, it ran straight into the drives side front, the entrance to my shoot is half a mile past that turning, we’ve got some nice roe up there now and a big head of fallow, it’s just getting the time to have a go, I really should make the time, I could probably take people out and when they have shot a deer just say “now you deal with it I haven’t got time, I’m off home, drop my share off when you are sorted”?

Yeah... seen a few fox’s working the rd side hedge lines a bit further down too!

haha.. guide from hell!

you shot it you sort it now I’m outa here??

29 minutes ago, Stavross said:

When the fallow are in Stav give me a shout and I will come and shoot a buck and pay you for the privilege ?

1 minute ago, FOXHUNTER said:

When the fallow are in Stav give me a shout and I will come and shoot a buck and pay you for the privilege ?

Mate, you are welcome to come a take one, no money need change hands, it would have to be after combine and when the winter drilling have gone in so maybe December/January ?

2 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Mate, you are welcome to come a take one, no money need change hands, it would have to be after combine and when the winter drilling have gone in so maybe December/January ?

That's very kind of you , look forward to it. Just googled sutton bank from me and its 73 miles so no bother. 

7 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

Take your own drag rope and gloves though coz Stav,s going home to peel spuds whilst you gralloch his share ??

To right I am, that’s why I shoot very few bambi, I never seem to have the time to butcher them and after I’ve been let loose on the gralloch you probably wouldn’t want any of it ?

10 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

That's very kind of you , look forward to it. Just googled sutton bank from me and its 73 miles so no bother. 

You can’t  be that far from me, I’m in Stockton and the shoots about 40 odd miles from me

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 1
Just now, Stavross said:

To right I am, that’s why I shoot very few bambi, I never seem to have the time to butcher them and after I’ve been let loose on the gralloch you probably wouldn’t want any of it ?

You can’t  be that far from me, I’m in Stockton and the shoots about 40 odd miles from me

Not too far , I'm near Bradford Stalker .