Back up at the shoot

2 minutes ago, ianm said:

Persistence usually pays off when after old Reynard, well done! 

Oh and i reckon a replacement will turn up in about a fortnight.

I reckon you could be right . I’m all over the place at night now so any replacements will have to run the gauntlet. I started watching and earth last night and I’ve seen one cub so far but no adults, I will try again this evening but holding off shooting and waiting for mum and dad is difficult, but must be done .

• Like 1

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I reckon you could be right . I’m all over the place at night now so any replacements will have to run the gauntlet. I started watching and earth last night and I’ve seen one cub so far but no adults, I will try again this evening but holding off shooting and waiting for mum and dad is difficult, but must be done .

Yes it is a waste of time shooting cubs without first shooting the dog and vixen, after all it is the parents doing the damage.

• Like 1

Talking of eBay....I just bought a lightweight summer khaki jacket because I'm sick of wearing army gear (it don't match the PJ's) and it's bloody XXL women's ?. Now got send it back and I put in the filter box men only (honest). Bloody eBay?

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

You're right it's not Cumbria,  its Durham ?

Pah! Cumbria/Durham all the same, it pisses down for ten months of the year then drips off the trees for the other two. ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sure does ,made the mistake of taking our caravan to the Lake district 2 years ago ,setting up in 3" of water was a warning .9 days of rain broken up by more rain ,holiday abandoned with 5 days left and drip dried all the way home :wallbash:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Another run up to the shoot last night, mainly to set the traps as they have been in there current locations for a week now, it’s amazing how fast this place changes this time of year, now there is very few places to call them to so bait and wait is the only real option before the combine, with no luck on the forestry rides we moved off to a clear fell on the edge of our shoot on arrival Hugo’s dad spotted something through the thermal on the other side of the small valley ( next doors land ) it was a cub, mooching along the tree line, we then spotted a second, giving it 10 minutes scanning for an adult but not seeing one I made the decision to take the cubs, while I set up on the first one Andy kept the other in the thermal, thud went the cub and I cycled another round but the other one had disappeared, we didn’t go and pick it up as I would have to go on next doors land to get there, but it’s another one down, I’ll be back up later today to check the traps and bait a couple of fence lines

566E742F-1712-4C59-8890-A12EFC9B82F4.jpeg

9CCD54B6-8789-4E41-B226-0319A10578C7.jpeg

• Like 4