Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

18 hours ago, David.evans said:

Nar 

this thread has /is rapidly going tits up , I thought that the title Back up the shoot was to do with stavs life experiences with game birds , managing a shoot 

WTF has fox / deer shooting got to do with any of that , it’s bollocks when all this shit that keeps getting posted in what was a good read for managing a shoot 

if people want to post there days/night out shooting please do but start a different thread and don’t fuc this one up , then we don’t have to read shit threads that should not have been posted in the 

I think this thread has ran it’s course now and gone off track a fair bit, I’ve been more than guilty of that myself,  I start back up at the shoot  next week proper ( ? the birds turn up) so I think I’ll start a new thread for the upcoming season and keep it all things “ keepering” and try and keep you all convinced that I know what I’m doing ?

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Stavross said:

I think this thread has ran it’s course now and gone off track a fair bit, I’ve been more than guilty of that myself,  I start back up at the shoot  next week proper ( ? the birds turn up) so I think I’ll start a new thread for the upcoming season and keep it all things “ keepering” and try and keep you all convinced that I know what I’m doing ?

Mine coming Monday.  Mad rush the jobs I forget to do lol.

Hopefully all goes well and some good days to be had.

We had a thread on another forum called fox club. Lasted a few years and went to rubbish. Hopefully you can restore this one mate. 

• Like 7

Seems to me old David Evans isn’t the quite the gent I thought he was .Never read language like it ffs .

Theres only a certain amount of arse licking on posts a man can take so I’m glad you’ve all had a bust up .Makes me feel human and all fuzzy .

Keep posting your kills Mark and your tally as I know David loves to hear about that .
Id say the reason Mark never posted on SD was because  he wants to stay there .They arnt like us here ,vaginas are easily bruised especially that twat Sika Malc ,bellend .

Im just sore of course ,banned from there yet again .My only crime telling a vet he knows f**k all about feeding raw diets to dogs .May of called him a silly old fart but come on ….

We thrive on banter whether good ,bad or indifferent .Be all smiles and dead shit soon .

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Im just sore of course ,banned from there yet again

I got a temporary ban off there, they are a bit delicate. Still, better than snowflake watch, got lifetime ban there!! ?

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

I got a temporary ban off there, they are a bit delicate. Still, better than snowflake watch, got lifetime ban there!! ?

Yerr, some snowflakes on that airgun forum as well. They seem to add their own bits on to the general license to make life harder for themselves. Just like they’re trying to talk themselves out of actually shooting anything. ?‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
15 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Yerr, some snowflakes on that airgun forum as well. They seem to add their own bits on to the general license to make life harder for themselves. Just like they’re trying to talk themselves out of actually shooting anything. ?‍♂️

The problem with a lot of these forums is that they are full of members giving advice who never spend any time in the field. 

These members are always experts following best practice but have no experience. 

They dont live in the real world unlike some guys who are out doing it week in week out , these are the guys who I admire and get along with.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Stavross said:

Our pheasants turned up yesterday, 800 of them. I think the partridge are next week and the ducks. 

• Like 4