Back up at the shoot

16 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

After choosing a 22lr with which two foxes got shot & injured but managed to drag themselves off & you couldn't find?? We've all missed & not everyone is bang flop, but this just sounds like bad choices by both of you, should have gone to pub after 243 missed. 

I'd have kept this one to myself Mark, not posted on a public forum ffs ??‍♂️?

Not a brilliant night I agree but keeping it real...sometimes things go wrong. Let he who has never missed or fecked up cast the 1st stone.

Both foxes were picked, 1 last night and the other this morning so a positive result in the end.

Just wish I had been shooting, would have had all 7 ?

• Like 1

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Not a brilliant night I agree but keeping it real...sometimes things go wrong. Let he who has never missed or fecked up cast the 1st stone.

Both foxes were picked, 1 last night and the other this morning so a positive result in the end.

Just wish I had been shooting, would have had all 7 ?

Glad you find it amusing with all 7 and a smiley face 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Was the c50 on the 22?

How far were the 22 shots?

I don't have an issue with using a 22, just trying to work out what if any is the common denominator.

Not an issue but bit staggered that after missing or injuring with a 222/250 and then a 243 that they thought a 22 rimfire was the solution!! Respect one's quarry. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

Not an issue but bit staggered that after missing or injuring with a 222/250 and then a 243 that they thought a 22 rimfire was the solution!! Respect one's quarry. 

To be fair, it would be tempting to get the job done with them being there and then.

They may of been aware that or worried that they may of moved off and then the opportunity lost etc etc.

Something is a miss for sure. To have two rifles off, maybe three....there has to be a link there!

46 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

The reason we went back with the .22 is because had no faith in the centrefires .

My mate was sure he had hit the fox so we went back to dispatch it ...showing respect.

Which is what we did ?

Now stop criticising...the night didnt go to plan but we sorted it.

Try getting out a bit more before advising  others ....part time wannabe ?

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

yes it was a positive result as 2 foxes were shot ffs

So the two foxes being dead was the most important issue, since you eventually achieved that, that's a positive night for you? Just let me check this - one fox shot and injured then lost. Some time later its shot again, injured again & only found hours later after trying to drag itself down a rabbit hole. Second fox shot with a rimfire, injured and lost...lost all night with a wound from a 22lr....a 22lr! Found the following day having died in the night from its injury. Those are the facts?? Please highlight the fuckińg positives in that, you muppet???? 

59 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Was the c50 on the 22?

How far were the 22 shots?

I don't have an issue with using a 22, just trying to work out what if any is the common denominator.

No the C50 was on the .22/250 

The .22 shots were around  40 yds keeping it close. 

To be fair the the 1st fox only went 10 yds but I couldn't find it as was partially down a hole and this was searching with the thermal. 

Just now, BenBhoy said:

So the two foxes being dead was the most important issue, since you eventually achieved that, that's a positive night for you? Just let me check this - one fox shot and injured then lost. Some time later its shot again, injured again & only found hours later after trying to drag itself down a rabbit hole. Second fox shot with a rimfire, injured and lost...lost all night with a wound from a 22lr....a 22lr! Found the following day having died in the night from its injury. Those are the facts?? Please highlight the fuckińg positives in that, you muppet???? 

It wasnt found hours later , making things up again. Probably no more than 20 minutes from 1st shot to 2nd shot. The 2nd shot from the .22 was fatal just couldn't find it although it was dead.

As stated before not perfect but I am telling it in real terms , could easily just say went out , shot 2 foxes Perfect ?

Shooting isn't perfect sometimes but you wouldnt know being an armchair hunter ?

5 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Are you for real you muppet ...using a rifle I thought wasnt zeroed to possibly injure another.

You are a clown ?

So instead you stood by and watched your mate fluff his lines again?? 

8 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Try getting out a bit more before advising  others ....part time wannabe ?

I don't get out as often as you, that's a given. I'm working about 60hrs a week at minute. Any free time I spend with my kids while they still wanna spend time with their daddy. And then I squeeze in some foxing between all that. But if the alternative was being so arrogant that I couldn't accept any criticism & realise I'm making myself sound like even more of a prick than ever before (and there's been plenty of examples already!) then I'd rather never go out again.