Back up at the shoot

1 hour ago, Stavross said:

Great shooting that? Fair play to you for sitting it out for 8 hours, a couple of hours is enough for me with a shotgun, no matter how good the shooting is, I’ve just turned down an invite for pigeon shooting in Norfolk because he told me it would be 5/6 hours in a hide 

Dedication mate ...dedication ?

• Like 1

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

On 24/07/2022 at 10:45, Stavross said:

It must of been a really good year for them, I’ve seen good numbers around here, seeing at least one every time I’ve gone out, ( not hitting them all ?) that’s not how it usually goes around here

I’ve just been talking to my mate down in Lincolnshire, he went out 3 times in the last week and shot 11, went out last night and shot 10 and there’s still hundreds of aches of wheat and rape to come off, I can’t wait for my annual pilgrimage down there in September, he’s promised me double figures ?

He can promise what he wants but you still have to hit them! ?

• Haha 4
36 minutes ago, ianm said:

He can promise what he wants but you still have to hit them! ?

He only said he’d put 10 in front of me, nothing about me shooting them all ? anyway, I’ll have you know I’m back on form now ?

• Haha 2
40 minutes ago, si brown said:

I use to get the back hand off me grandad as a kid for wearing jeans on a Sunday Dave  ??

imagine doing that nowadays ?

I sometimes don't even bother with pants on a Sunday! 

Took a look on the smaller chicken farm last night as there’s a bit of grass cut and picked up .Wasn’t long before a fox wandered towards the sheds .Gave him a squeak and in he came like a dog .Shot that .About an hour later ,two foxes were seen inside the electric fence ,mooching about looking for lock outs .Shot the first as it came out into the field then the second as it tried to get through the mesh .

Saw two more but only fleeting glimpses at range ,never to be seen again .

983B8245-BDEF-41B1-A7D6-72043A2CA2DB.jpeg

549F260C-1526-44F3-B2FC-148683326177.jpeg

6B2C4A36-614F-40AF-B4A9-C91061FC0D09.jpeg

E9609B6D-E52F-4774-8B8D-E1C5F75C1F8E.jpeg

• Like 6
15 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Took a look on the smaller chicken farm last night as there’s a bit of grass cut and picked up .Wasn’t long before a fox wandered towards the sheds .Gave him a squeak and in he came like a dog .Shot that .About an hour later ,two foxes were seen inside the electric fence ,mooching about looking for lock outs .Shot the first as it came out into the field then the second as it tried to get through the mesh .

Saw two more but only fleeting glimpses at range ,never to be seen again .

983B8245-BDEF-41B1-A7D6-72043A2CA2DB.jpeg

549F260C-1526-44F3-B2FC-148683326177.jpeg

6B2C4A36-614F-40AF-B4A9-C91061FC0D09.jpeg

E9609B6D-E52F-4774-8B8D-E1C5F75C1F8E.jpeg

Easy peasy mate coming for their takeaway ?

• Like 2