19 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I met Idi Amin once, when my kids went to school with his kids.

He was a doting father and a very pleasant and polite man in the very short time I was in his company.

Just goes to show, eh ?

Cheers.

How you doing chartpolski,hope you and yours are doing well bud...now without looking like a doughball here lol,is that post tounge in cheek or what?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Total f***ing prick. The personification of modern journalism imo.

Piers Morgan was editor of a newspaper that printed fake photographs of British soldiers torturing Iraqi's. He is a scumbag!

Posted Images

Just now, gaz said:

How you doing chartpolski,hope you and yours are doing well bud...now without looking like a doughball here lol,is that post tounge in cheek or what?

No mate, absolutely true. When I lived in Saudi Arabia, Amin had been expelled from Uganda and given asylum in Jeddah. He lived in a villa literally round the corner from me, and his kids went to the Internationl School, as did my kids. 

Im fine mate, just got a couple of old running dogs now, but still in the game. I've been lucky enough to have been invited up scotland a few times. On the hills on the west, and a four day trip to the Cairngorms running the whites for the first time.

Loved every minute, even if it was hard work for an old fart like me !

IMG_0561.JPG.c78e3d5bcd55303916ca5d0c09c6d437.JPG

IMG_0560.JPG.6d5f47cba1b4a81a6c673121694cbccb.JPG

Cheers.

• Like 2

Wow thats quite a tale ma man! i knew he end up there after his shenanigans.....last king of Scotland he called himself if i remember right? lol                                                                                                                                                          Good to see you up here in god's own country bud with they auld deerhound x's,they certainly dont look out of place in they hills...and i know what you mean with the age thing creeping up and legs and the lungs reminding you your not a boy anymore lol

Edited by gaz
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

He was a doting father and a very pleasant and polite man in the very short time I was in his company.

Just goes to show, eh ?

Cheers.

Personally I always thought he was a top bloke and good value in the best tradition of African despots.

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, WILF said:

Personally I always thought he was a top bloke and good value in the best tradition of African despots.

My daughter was invited to dinner at his house by one of his sons. I said she shouldn't go as he has been accused of being a cannibal and keeping heads in his fridge.

Of course she went to school and said to the son "my dad says I can't come to your house cause your dad might eat me" ! 

The son went on to write a book refuting all the allegations about his dad.......Good luck with that !

Cheers.

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Just goes to show, eh ?

Cheers.

You never can tell with people ,,I met a bloke partly off here and partly through mutual friends ,seemed a good fella ,,knowledgeable dog man ,great company , had a few outings with him and enjoyed his company ,then I heard something horrible and nasty about him ,I confronted him about it and he casually  confirmed it to be true ..the c**t was only an evertonian !

• Haha 6
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

My daughter was invited to dinner at his house by one of his sons. I said she shouldn't go as he has been accused of being a cannibal and keeping heads in his fridge.

Of course she went to school and said to the son "my dad says I can't come to your house cause your dad might eat me" ! 

The son went on to write a book refuting all the allegations about his dad.......Good luck with that !

Cheers.

Funny enough I said the same to my kids when we still lived in England and they got invited to a party ! Lol ?