This is what we are up against

2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

f**k do I know  ..

FACT!

Does this mean Sunderland may not be the biggest club in the world, FACT? 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In my younger days I’ve dug plenty of Fox’s and badgers and your man above is just reciting what he has read in the press and has clearly never been on a dig, he is describing baiting not digging, whe

The lesson there mate is. Don't talk to a cricket player about rugby.  

Its the only downside of forums for me.....in real life people stay in their own lane but from a keyboard become on the spot pundits. Look at the scientific whizz kids on the coronavirus topic or

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, WILF said:

Does this mean Sunderland may not be the biggest club in the world, FACT? 

There not even the biggest club in the North East...

FACT...

?

3 hours ago, foxdropper said:

On another forum I have just been banned from ,again ,Ive had input on one thread about terriers and looking at it today there is a last post attached which is here below .With posts like that it’s no wonder the lifestyle is threatened and that’s from so say within our own ranks .

On another thread I was pmd to say a chap would be ringing my feo because I’d shot a feral cat ffs .

A0F759A0-1C9E-486A-930F-9835AD88D6AA.png

In my younger days I’ve dug plenty of Fox’s and badgers and your man above is just reciting what he has read in the press and has clearly never been on a dig, he is describing baiting not digging, when it was legal, I’d simply bag em, release them or shoot them as soon as breaking through, if you had decent terriers they were more about baying to guide the digger than engage in combat, locators and patterrdales changed things a bit, but baiting is different to digging and by merging the two things into one it’s easier to turn public opinion  against all terrier work, sad times ?

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, sid g said:

baiting the new word for digging nowadays ... fits in with the media better 

I agree it sounds a little bit too " News of the World " for me all that spurting blood and screaming carry on.

• Like 2

Some of the shooting fraternity deer stalking tweed wearing riding to hounds or basically the posh sods. Not sure how to word this but there is a divide and all ways will be. But there are also some great folks who are down to earth thankfully 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rickshaw swami said:

It's the same here in America.Its ok to sit over a deer feeder.Then gut shoot a half grown deer that runs off screaming like a sacrificial lamb to die slowly in a briar patch.But dog hunters are inhumane.

I’ve shot hundreds apon hundreds of deer , I’ve never heard one run of screaming ..never heard one make any  noise I can remember ..I’ve lost count of the deer I’ve despatched as rta’s , never heard them make a sound either ..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It's the same here in America.Its ok to sit over a deer feeder.Then gut shoot a half grown deer that runs off screaming like a sacrificial lamb to die slowly in a briar patch.But dog hunters are inhumane.

The Texas heart shot is famous the world over. ?

10 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

A young whitetail deer in USA will bleat like a dieing goat when not shot through the vitals.The older ones won't.

Just a bit melodramatic mate ..every one cocks up at some point , be it with a gun , bow , dog , hawk and to use that to beat another section is as stupid as the subject in the original post ..Anyone who claims never to have cocked up is either a lier , fool or doesn’t get out much ..It’s called gaining experience , it’s why if you have any sense you learn from your mistakes what ever your sport is to go on to improve ..coming on here making it sound like an everyday happening is bollocks ...

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, sussex said:

Just a bit melodramatic mate ..every one cocks up at some point , be it with a gun , bow , dog , hawk and to use that to beat another section is as stupid as the subject in the original post ..Anyone who claims never to have cocked up is either a lier , fool or doesn’t get out much ..It’s called gaining experience , it’s why if you have any sense you learn from your mistakes what ever your sport is to go on to improve ..coming on here making it sound like an everyday happening is bollocks ...

Where I live rich men with no clue have bought the land and started hunting whitetail.I wouldn't trust these men with a slingshot much less a rifle.The true deer hunters attempt to be sportsman.The rich men hunting around here now have shot cows,horses, dogs,goats even each other.I have seen crippled deer in the field behind my house.The point I was trying to make is buying a high powered rifle doesn't make you a deer hunter nor a sportsman.Turkey season just ended.While it was open a man shot another man and his son on accident.These same men call me barbaric.When one of these idiots shoots my dog they will get to meet a barbarian. Sorry for being dramatic but it' gets more dangerous every winter here.Our deer season lasts for 5 months.I hope y'all never have to deal with these situations.

9 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Where I live rich men with no clue have bought the land and started hunting whitetail.I wouldn't trust these men with a slingshot much less a rifle.The true deer hunters attempt to be sportsman.The rich men hunting around here now have shot cows,horses, dogs,goats even each other.I have seen crippled deer in the field behind my house.The point I was trying to make is buying a high powered rifle doesn't make you a deer hunter nor a sportsman.Turkey season just ended.While it was open a man shot another man and his son on accident.These same men call me barbaric.When one of these idiots shoots my dog they will get to meet a barbarian. Sorry for being dramatic but it' gets more dangerous every winter here.Our deer season lasts for 5 months.I hope y'all never have to deal with these situations.

I don’t see how just being rich means your an idiot with a gun , given you tend to have to  a bit savvy to end up rich ..being rich isn’t a prerequisite to being an idiot with a gun ..the amount of gun related accidents you have over your side of the pond would suggest a tidy cross section of the population would fail miserably to get a ticket over here ..I can think of only about three or four incidents that I know of over here of of accidents involving firearms , and that’s in forty five years of owning a gun ..and one of them the silly sod shot his self ...idiots come in all forms ..

how the fcuk you shoot a cow or horse by mistake beggars belief and you are right to be afraid ...stay safe and for fcuk sake keep your head down ....

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Greyman said:

In my younger days I’ve dug plenty of Fox’s and badgers and your man above is just reciting what he has read in the press and has clearly never been on a dig, he is describing baiting not digging, when it was legal, I’d simply bag em, release them or shoot them as soon as breaking through, if you had decent terriers they were more about baying to guide the digger than engage in combat, locators and patterrdales changed things a bit, but baiting is different to digging and by merging the two things into one it’s easier to turn public opinion  against all terrier work, sad times ?

Good post that greyman

6 hours ago, sid g said:

baiting the new word for digging nowadays ... fits in with the media better 

Very true and you would never be able to explain the difference to some one who had no experience of the sport or more like who was dead against and didn't want to hear.
But yes baiting is the word they love throwing around

Edited by terryd
  • Like 3