Something in the sky tonight

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just saw on the news that at 10pm tonight there is some kind of space convoy occurring that’s visible from earth, thought I’d give it a heads up as I know there are a few star gazers about ?

My misses shouted out three times there it is as another flock of sea gulls flew over, they fly all night by me due to light pollution and almost glow, have lived her for 35 years and when I told her

Don’t be sorry mate as I don’t have a link,  my daughter told me, she’s a bit of a space geek and living on a boat she has very little light pollution, I expect someone will pop a link up in a bit ??

8 minutes ago, .357shooter said:

i noticed 9 then a gap then another 9 then just 2.some were overtaking others which looks wierd but i guess that is just a distance thing.was about 9.35pm sunday evening

get your old CB radio out and you will hear them talking to each other...."come back rubber duck ....thats a big 10-4......".......YYyyyeeeeee---HHhhhaaaaaahhhh

Ive just been outside (9pm.....)  and watched a load go over.  To start off with I went out in the front garden and watched for a while but even though it is as dead as 3am I felt like a bit of a weirdo standing out there with a pair of Leicas. SO I went out and stood by the conservatory out in the back garden.. I kept scanning the sky not knowing exactly where to look or what I was looking for.  I was beginning to think that I'd missed them but all of a sudden I picked them up.  I marked the travel against the edge of the gutter and counted a constant 20 second spacing.  I found that if I held my arm out fully and lined my fist about 3 fists south of Venus up about 10 o'clock high I could find them.  Quite incredible to see that many so equally spaced.  I really was big brother surveillance type stuff.  I got fed up of watching them in the end.  Not very warm out there.

26 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I'm just back in and was litrally going to post. Alot better tonight not spaced as far apart 20 seconds seems right and constant. Venus really bright and I think I have seen Jupiter as well. Seen musks all following same flight path then lots of other satellites pinging about pretty cool

Ever see the space station? It’s bigger than Venus appears in the sky, reckon if ya had good binoculars or telescope you’d get a clear view

7 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Never seen it can you track it or something like you can with these satellites I've got decent binoculars and quite enjoying having a look at the sky 

Think ya can track it, you’ll know it when you see it too. Nothing as bright or big in the sky other than the moon

8 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Ever see the space station? It’s bigger than Venus appears in the sky, reckon if ya had good binoculars or telescope you’d get a clear view

You can see it with the naked eye,, it moves round faster than the stars which is helpful in spotting it✌️

• Like 1
14 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

I’ll be at work so it’s upto missus tonight an I genuinely imagine the daft bint using the kids watching some street lamp in the distance ???

My misses shouted out three times there it is as another flock of sea gulls flew over, they fly all night by me due to light pollution and almost glow, have lived her for 35 years and when I told her they were sea gulls not satellites she said that’s the first time she had seen them at night, talk about master of your own environment ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Not at night time but we keep seeing same blue and white helicopters passing us during the day

Just been told it's air ambulance must be training 2 nights same time  you can go on flight trader  live and it shows you all flights in the sky don't know how to put link up

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

You see some great stuff on flightradar. The other day I saw a BA 747 that had taken off from Heathrow with no destination at 1000ft over Swindon and only 160 knots. Turned out it was its last flight and was going to a plane scrapyard in the Cotswolds. 

7 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Sorry to keep asking but got a link mate ?

Don’t be sorry mate as I don’t have a link,  my daughter told me, she’s a bit of a space geek and living on a boat she has very little light pollution, I expect someone will pop a link up in a bit ??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1