got the mountain bike out

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just done a 6 miler, lovely. Cheers, D.  

Just had an hr up the feild with my lad on his electric motorbike.... Pulls me along and up the hills?  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, kanny said:

That's a good ride on a full suspension bike ..I've had a busy couple of days but hopefully we will get out on the bikes tomorrow :thumbs:

More comfy on the arse than on my hardtail lol

Cheers, D.

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Sorted. Done 2 miles just switching through the gears and pressing brakes all seems fine. Got a fitbit today as wel and got it linked to that. All looking good so will plan a route tonight

20200422_174956.jpg

Looks like your saddle could be doing with pulling forward a bit rusty. 

• Like 2

Bought a decent (i've been told) bike about 7 years ago, off a really keen mountain biking kid, who was upgrading.

It's a Merlin, with Rock-Shock forks and to be fair it's took some stick local. I bought it with exploring my rural neighbourhood in mind, alongside some stealth lamping. Which if you ain't done it, is bloody good fun. It's surprising how less spooked critters are when your on a bike and its a damn sight faster to be clear of the fields you've just had a shine on!

Thing is, i've always thought the frame is a bit small for me. I find the ride is uncomfortable on both my back and especially my wrists.

I was living with it for the knock about stuff but my daughter, who's now 10 and has a decent bike of her own, has had me riding with her and putting some decent road miles in BUT it's fecking killing me, i feel as uncomfortable as feck. I have the seat hired right for my legs but my top half is wrecked...

3 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Bought a decent (i've been told) bike about 7 years ago, off a really keen mountain biking kid, who was upgrading.

It's a Merlin, with Rock-Shock forks and to be fair it's took some stick local. I bought it with exploring my rural neighbourhood in mind, alongside some stealth lamping. Which if you ain't done it, is bloody good fun. It's surprising how less spooked critters are when your on a bike and its a damn sight faster to be clear of the fields you've just had a shine on!

Thing is, i've always thought the frame is a bit small for me. I find the ride is uncomfortable on both my back and especially my wrists.

I was living with it for the knock about stuff but my daughter, who's now 10 and has a decent bike of her own, has had me riding with her and putting some decent road miles in BUT it's fecking killing me, i feel as uncomfortable as feck. I have the seat hired right for my legs but my top half is wrecked...

Merlins were good back along, I bought a merlin malt  while back £25 it had been stood awhile not the lightest of bikes, the gears were not shifting right, I ended up selling the rockshox for £30 gave the frame  to same fella as it was going to the tip. And put the wheels and brakes on my carrera subway ? 

15 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Penny farthing suit you ya lanky fcuker ?

A young ape come peddling past last night as I walked the dogs, handlebars a foot higher than the seat white knee length socks turnip head the lot, there's some cases about

Would have made a good advert for an African bike donation mission lol

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

It might benefit you to raise your bar height slightly mate, using headset spacers. Easy and cheap.

Sounds like you could be leaning forwards and downwards a bit much, hence the wrist pain! 

https://www.bikeradar.com/advice/workshop/how-to-adjust-your-handlebar-height/

These are them.. worth checking the diameters though. Your local bike shop will no doubt have a drawer full of them..?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Quality-Alloy-Black-Headset-Spacers/dp/B013WT8WLO

• Like 1