Can we still shoot ???

Someone on TV tonight saying "what about fishing for a day, 20 acres, 20 pegs?" The official answer was no because all that time your sat in that spot means no one else can and your outdoor time should be spent exercising not taking up space that other people can use. ?

Cheers, D.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys ,  how are you all doing ? Hope my old mates , Sausage , Stavross, BenBhoy , Si , David , Ian M , Walshie, longshanx , and any one else that I haven’t mentioned . Just thought I’d check in wit

Hope your right mate. All our lamb & beef goes through our farmshop or to local pubs, restaurants & a couple of schools. We don't sell to markets, everything goes dead so we are absolutely rel

Our firm is so tight. No masks and no hand sanitizer. Last week we had no paper towels for a week ! Today I improvised!

Posted Images

4 hours ago, riohog said:
no excuse we have a virus not a fk famin  no shortage of food 
3 hours ago, riohog said:

In that case why are shop workers still working , construction worker still working

If we are going to shut down let’s shut down 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, dytkos said:

Someone on TV tonight saying "what about fishing for a day, 20 acres, 20 pegs?" The official answer was no because all that time your sat in that spot means no one else can and your outdoor time should be spent exercising not taking up space that other people can use. ?

Cheers, D.

Last night on tv a government legal advisory person was asked a question by a fisherman who's wanted to go fishing and stated that each fisherman had an acre + of space around the lake. The answer was NO. Because it was just for sport and not essential. .? Now how that would translate to sea fishing is anyone's guess. So if you were to go shooting food V knocking over squirrels is anyone's guess.  It all boils dòwn to where is any plod coming from to mooch across fields ect to do anything about it. And if they did the activity is in a grey areà.  I had a call from the rifle club Secretary stating that all club shooting and the summer match league had been cancelled.  it's all a grey area.  From my point of view I will take the opportunity to have a good sort out of stuff and clean the amount of guns that I  do have. I can still take the spaniel for a ruñ. Anyone who is that poor that they say that they have to shoot to have food should loòk towards a better paid job.irregardless  of this current situation. I've had , wife car, mortgage, four kids and all the stuff involved  and I've never had to rely on going  out shooting to provide food.  That's a thin excuse to justify going out shooting. if you own the land your at home but if your on a permission it is different and if you did have an insurance claim the insurance would probably say not covered because you ain't obeying gov advice. Dunno grey areas.

Edited by Meece
  • Like 3
6 minutes ago, villaman said:

It only advice from the government, different to law 

eerm so the police can issue fines on advice       ?  i dont think so   lets see just how smart folks are when they get there fines and guns taken off them  for not doing as there told         

• Like 1

Thousands are going to work in shops 

Thousands are going to work in construction 

Thousands are going shopping everyday

And a few want to go in a field on there own to shoot  , come on let’s get real here 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, riohog said:

eerm so the police can issue fines on advice       ?  i dont think so   lets see just how smart folks are when they get there fines and guns taken off them  for not doing as there told         

Like I said advice and not law yet 

11 hours ago, timmytree said:

It's not going shooting or going fishing that is illegal, it's how you get there. As of tomorrow non essential car journeys will be a criminal offence punishable with an on the spot fine. For those with FAC or SGC that could be a problem.

There is a list of whats considered essential travel. No point in saying no one will get caught either, Plymouth has had coppers out today stopping traffic, checking and warning people that next time they get fined.

Yep but you are allowed to go out for one form of exercise each day. Are they going to stop you driving into the countryside for a walk if you live close by? Everyone going to the countryside could be a problem just as everyone walking down the road could be a problem but if you live close by? I'm literally within 20 mins walking distance although I would drive just to go to a little further to better spot / avoid meeting anyone walking. There has to be some sense to this. Crowding streets with people is just as bad as crowding the countryside and activities like shooting and fishing are both relaxing and in the case of shooting good for the rural economy through the controlling of pests. Both activities are lonesome and well spaced and if people / dig or make their own bait, and tackle shops remain closed / online only, don't cause issues with proximity at all. 

As for checks, as a key worker I have a pass to let me through checks. No doubt though, if abused I could still get fined.

10 hours ago, dytkos said:

Cheers, D.

Well that's screwed logic. If no-ones allowed to sit there then no-one else will be wanting that spot, so you're not taking space from other people!!!! 

I think they might mean that non fishermen can't use that area, however most fisheries are private with the exception of some public stretches of riverbank and so not open to walkers etc. Plus by the governments own logic, if you're not allowed to travel to exercise, then how do those other people get there? Typical Government, clear as mud and nothing thought through. 

2 minutes ago, villaman said:

Thousands are going to work in shops 

Thousands are going to work in construction 

Thousands are going shopping everyday

And a few want to go in a field on there own to shoot  , come on let’s get real here 

and before long thousands may die  ...stay safe .....

• Like 1
1 minute ago, riohog said:

and before long thousands may die  ...stay safe .....

Yes they will if we don’t completely shut down construction sites people going shopping day in day out , shutting down supermarkets for so many days a week , instead of taking on another 20 , 000 staff 

• Like 3